Notices

Wish they were using a FORD!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Clevelands harsh too, soon as I see a sign of rust I find me another Texas truck and go for a plane ride... I dont like spending on new trucks and losing my azz so I buy perfect trucks from Texas ... HATE SALT!
So true, one of my last ones came from Baton Rouge LA. amazing how much cleaner they stay without SALT!!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
The 6.0 was the biggest flop Ford/navistar/ international ever produces. Everyone knows that. I bought a new one in 06 lasted about 24k it took a $hit like they all did. Ford put a new engine in it no questions asked. If you have access to the internet its pretty easy to figure out the 6.0 was a disaster. I sold it ASAP & moved on. My 08 has been flawless!!! just rolled 155k I use the $hit out of my truck its strictly a work truck. Hauls a bobcat, chipper, stump cutter, whatever I hook to it it just does it!
Mine was an 06 as well, bought new in 05. I had heard the issues were just the 03-04 model as well when I bought mine.

Still miss the truck, as crazy as it sounds. It was the Harley version and I had added a 10 inch lift, 22 inch rims wrapped with 40 inch tires, so I had anothe 10k invested. The truck got a lot of compliments, drove well, and was very comfortable inside. The engine, down time, rear diff, 7 rear calipers, and paint issues will keep me from ever owning another. Ford was great with all power train issues, but a 7 year old green taurus for a loaner car won't tow the boat to the lake when they have your truck for a month at a time
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

There was a day the boat broke and the truck made it to the lake instead tho, hahaja

Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

Nice looking trucks! I just can't resist......

Boat hauler:

24' Air bag lift 46" claws

My 08'
Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Registered

Ford dominates the fleet market because they offer the best fleet pricing. I have driven and maintained more Fords than I care to admit being a fleet mechanic and in the construction industry, the 6.9's were okay but underpowered, the 7.3's were great trucks, and seemed to run forever. The 6.0 was a time bomb, some guys had decent luck with them, but for the most part they self destructed long before they should have. I have watched entire fleets of trucks blow, one after another, despite proper maintenance. I have no experience with the newer Fords released after the 6.0.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
and i wish BMW made a 2500 series suv,,love my 7 series..
I wish BMW made a truck with their diesel in it!!!!! Ex's 6500# X5 got 32+ mpg on the highway at 75+ mph....mid 20s around here in the mountains where I was getting 14 with my cummins. (and it is AWD) And the thing MOVES!!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Mine was an 06 as well, bought new in 05. I had heard the issues were just the 03-04 model as well when I bought mine.

Still miss the truck, as crazy as it sounds. It was the Harley version and I had added a 10 inch lift, 22 inch rims wrapped with 40 inch tires, so I had anothe 10k invested. The truck got a lot of compliments, drove well, and was very comfortable inside. The engine, down time, rear diff, 7 rear calipers, and paint issues will keep me from ever owning another. Ford was great with all power train issues, but a 7 year old green taurus for a loaner car won't tow the boat to the lake when they have your truck for a month at a time
I had an 07 6.0 with no issues, from what I have seen once they got past 05 they were a lot better, with 06s having intermitten issues and 07s being farely ok. But really to compare diesels with any half ton is kind of apples and oranges as they have a lot more parts and usually have a harder life.

I would agree the salt and winters really kill a vehicle up here, add that with the relatively descent amount of moisture and the frost thaw frost thaw we get.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Nice looking trucks! I just can't resist......

Boat hauler:

24' Air bag lift 46" claws

And I thought my dually was a ***** to park....
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Default My boat hauler

Nice truck how does it tow being so much lift, mine is 6" and it tows great.
Attached Thumbnails Wish they were using a FORD!!!-img_1577.jpg   Wish they were using a FORD!!!-img_1578.jpg  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

the orange one holds a heavy load better with the huge a$$ air bag!!

The white 08 has a 8" Rize lift kit all 4 linked rides better the OEM with progressive rate springs up front. 37 x 20 toy's. I just hauled my 31 ft cat home from Tx. to Mi. with ease.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.