Notices

Seeking Tire Recommendations.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Holy crap, 118k! Are you sure they're not made of tool steel? Again, thanks to everyone for the continued input. Who ever knew picking tires would be so tough.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
Holy crap, 118k! Are you sure they're not made of tool steel? Again, thanks to everyone for the continued input. Who ever knew picking tires would be so tough.
Picking tires is tough because they've become so damn expensive
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BFG AT K/O. Might be a little extreme for some people, but they are great in snow and mild offroad conditions and are quiet, and when conditions get bad, it's nice to have the extra traction when you need it. A set of aired down BFG's will get you through some pretty deep snow if you're caught in it unexpectedly. I just put a set in 265/70R17 on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago, can't say a bad thing about them. The LTX's are also a good choice that will last longer, and are a good choice for a truck that sees a lot of miles and heavy towing, mostly on dry or wet pavement.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Bought a set of Yokahama Geolander's out of Summit.....Love em!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spazboz, for what it's worth, I own a wholesale tire company out of Syracusr NY (Upstate) and have the whole F-series line. Hankoko DynaPro ATm. In my opinion it is the absolute best value, and one of the best tires for a 10ply app lik your truck. Lots of local shop owners use it to plow and are still seeing 55K per set.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a big fan of two sets of tires and wheels. A recent test in one of the car mags tested "snow rated" tires compared to "all-seasons" and "summer tires." In the "all season" test, the vehicle was still going 20 m.p.h. when the same vehicle with "snow tires" was stopped. The summer tire vehicle is probably still sliding. The cost of the extra wheels and tires was less than the price of my insurance deductable and the related issues that would result if I hit something.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run Yokahama Geolander's on my last 3 trucks. My current truck is a GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel, I have never had a problem in the snow with these tires.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Michelin LTX 2 and you will get 80k Plus miles out of them. Great tires all year round.

Wannabe