Notices

Seeking Tire Recommendations.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question Seeking Tire Recommendations.

Hey Guys and Gals. Looking for input from the Peanut Gallery here. It's time for me to put new rubber on the Super Duty, and I have NO idea what to get for new tires.
Here's what I have:

Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat

I live in Michigan so the new tires must be snow-worthy.

Truck will be used to pull the boat (and many others) to the launch and back and occasionally the Horse trailer down some dirt roads.

I don't take it in the Dunes or off-roading in sand or mud.

Let me know what you run/suggest and why/why not.
Thanks! Nick
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put Michelin's on this time, LTX MS2 at the recommendation of a friend who sells tires. Not as agressive as I used to run but they are quiet and ride very good. So far I really like them but have not been through a winter on them yet. Have tried lots or tires since my truck eats em, these are my favorites for daily driving so far. Supposed to be good for 50k plus miles vs the 25-30k I have gotten out of the last few sets.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
I put Michelin's on this time, LTX MS2 at the recommendation of a friend who sells tires. Not as agressive as I used to run but they are quiet and ride very good. So far I really like them but have not been through a winter on them yet. Have tried lots or tires since my truck eats em, these are my favorites for daily driving so far. Supposed to be good for 50k plus miles vs the 25-30k I have gotten out of the last few sets.
I have run Michelin,s for years. They are the best in snow. Just make should you get E rate or 10 ply for pulling with your trailers.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

My dad loves his cooper's just put his second set on, first set had 55k on them,
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

O ya and its a 02 F-350 4X4
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd run the Michelins or the BFG T/A KO. I have had the BFG's on several trucks, and had great luck with them. Good in the snow, and light offroad, quiet on the highway, and long treadwear. I'm trying to decide between those and the LTX MS2's right now for my F250.

I currently have Goodyear MT/R's (came with the truck) and they have worn very quickly and they are LOUD as they are getting to the end of their life.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cooper Zeon LTZ I would suggest, they wear really well and aren't loud on the highway. It's basically an aggressive looking all terrain tire. I can't speak to how they handle in snow but people on a gm forum seemed to have had success with them in snow
Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered

I switched over to the michelins last year and could not be happier. I tow plow and head up north for snowmobile season so tested in all conditions. Great tires. 08 3500HD silverado 4x4.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firestone destinations a/t...they have a blizzack rating in the snow but last just as long as the mich..i use to run mich ltx ms,,were just ok in the snow for the first 20 k then they were ice skates then dry rot set in after 3 yrs..firestones have 40 k now and the traction is still excellent..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

i had a set of firestone destinations a/t s, liked them and they wore well but they were on a light hemi cherokee, had a set of nitto terra grapplers that wore ok but look good for being a black wall tire, just replaced them with cooper A/T3's, only have been on the f150 for a week but i like them so for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.