Notices

Seen enough Diesels

Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
ya the smaller Denali is on my list too, Ive just alays wanted a Denali, and its coming one way or another

My step dad in law has an 08 Denali with the 6.2L and it is very nice and pulls a 34' Northshores with three slide outs like it was made for it. I was amazed how it handled Monteagle in Tenn. The V V T is huge for power.

I got interested in a Denali back when I ordered my Sierra but I kept pushing for max tow ability and decided against it.
Sure is a nice truck though.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, like I said mine is everything except a Denali, next one needs to be
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

I agree with you on the cost and problems with the newer diesels. I'm selling my 840hp duramax, I drive a 210,000 mile 7.3 powerstroke everyday. I'm building another f350 with a 12 valve cummins as my next work truck. Even if it needs injectors there cheap not $250+ like newer common rails that seem to need them every 75k. I've considered having a 6.0 gasser as my backup truck. The extra expense of the diesels, repair, maintenance, fuel, etc really isn't outweighed anymore. Everyone I work on is a $3000 plus bill. I do have to say 03 and newer dodges don't need much. Just a different truck surrounding the cummins lol
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want best reliability the 2013 Dodge diesel is the one to get. Its hydroformed frame is much stiffer than the old frame. You can get air suspension from the factory even in the 1500. Dodge trucks are much better now than even just two-three years ago.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I agree with you on the cost and problems with the newer diesels. I'm selling my 840hp duramax, I drive a 210,000 mile 7.3 powerstroke everyday. I'm building another f350 with a 12 valve cummins as my next work truck. Even if it needs injectors there cheap not $250+ like newer common rails that seem to need them every 75k. I've considered having a 6.0 gasser as my backup truck. The extra expense of the diesels, repair, maintenance, fuel, etc really isn't outweighed anymore. Everyone I work on is a $3000 plus bill. I do have to say 03 and newer dodges don't need much. Just a different truck surrounding the cummins lol
Ya throw a Scheid pump on there also.