Notices

Seen enough Diesels

Old 10-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seen enough Diesels

Well Ive seen enough diesel BS to last me for a while, first our PS 6.0 had the usual issues noted here on the site, now Ive seen the havoc glow plugs can cause on our 06 Duramax, plus the added cost per gallon, so I'm gonna count my pennies and go after 6.0 3/4 denali next year
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Well Ive seen enough diesel BS to last me for a while, first our PS 6.0 had the usual issues noted here on the site, now Ive seen the havoc glow plugs can cause on our 06 Duramax, plus the added cost per gallon, so I'm gonna count my pennies and go after 6.0 3/4 denali next year
dodge cummins and dont look back..what do you see everyday going from east coaste to west coast? dodge...look at th ones forsale with 300+ k on them and still going strong..the 6.0 is a gas hog towing,,like 8 mpg
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
dodge cummins and dont look back..what do you see everyday going from east coaste to west coast? dodge...look at th ones forsale with 300+ k on them and still going strong..the 6.0 is a gas hog towing,,like 8 mpg

well, I do know of them running around with 300k, but the dodge does nothing for me for looks or more importantly comfort, ya the 6.0 is a gasser, but it is what it is I guess
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

well, I do know of them running around with 300k, but the dodge does nothing for me for looks or more importantly comfort, ya the 6.0 is a gasser, but it is what it is I guess
drive the 2013 with the 8 speed auto and then decide..
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

What glow plug issues did you have? There less than $20 each and if you know how to replace them it's an easy job. If you don't well you'll be drilling a lot.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

Mrfixxall, maybe, I haven't so not right for me to judge, Lil red, weve got a 06 with 285k, so you can imagine sad part is the truck is decent, but glow plugs were rotted and turned into a nightmare
Old 10-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't get hung up on that per gallon price. The difference is that since diesel is more efficient, less gallons of the diesel will be purchased compared to the gas. The end result while buying more gallons of gasoline is the fuel cost is higher than diesel.

Does your company do the fuel comparison analysis with rentals? If you see the difference you won't get hung up on per gallon price because that is not a real measure of the whole.

My 6.0L 2500 Burb with 3:73 burned huge amounts of gas compared to my Dmax pulling the same thing. The Burb dropped mpg by almost 6 and the Dmax with 3:73 gears only dropped 1mph while towing the same load.................... no contest there and I bought a lot less diesel too.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Don't get hung up on that per gallon price. The difference is that since diesel is more efficient, less gallons of the diesel will be purchased compared to the gas. The end result while buying more gallons of gasoline is the fuel cost is higher than diesel.

Does your company do the fuel comparison analysis with rentals? If you see the difference you won't get hung up on per gallon price because that is not a real measure of the whole.

My 6.0L 2500 Burb with 3:73 burned huge amounts of gas compared to my Dmax pulling the same thing. The Burb dropped mpg by almost 6 and the Dmax with 3:73 gears only dropped 1mph while towing the same load.................... no contest there and I bought a lot less diesel too.

completely agree, but these repairs sure turn me off,, I would loveto have to identicals and run them 100k and then see what the cost is on one VS the other, of course keep in mind i won't be looking new either, i just love the Denali thou
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

completely agree, but these repairs sure turn me off,, I would loveto have to identicals and run them 100k and then see what the cost is on one VS the other, of course keep in mind i won't be looking new either, i just love the Denali thou

In the Denali the 6.2L with the V V T is the only way to go for a gasser.

With the DMax, mine is an 06 and I have not had the first problem with it but the diesel will run three times the miles that the gasser will so the 3 to 1 life expectancy factors in a huge way too when comparing all things.

On the repairs.......... well........... some repairs are provoked.

Last edited by aquaforce; 10-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

ya the smaller Denali is on my list too, Ive just alays wanted a Denali, and its coming one way or another

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.