Notices

DIY remote starters

Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
yes joe,,i use to install them in my younger years,,have done thousands of them...keep in mind you will need a VAT's patch module for your key...let me know what your looking for i can still get deals on them..my burb has had one since 1994 and im on my second one..i would not go with out one now that im spoiled..

i can get you the auto page one for around 80 bucks or the one you can start your truck with from california with your smart phone,,will even tell you inside temps..
Now you're just talking dirty!! I like that idea of starting it via my bag phone.

Thanks for all the info guys, appreciate it. Its a old truck, but a major modern upgrade from my 1989 dually. This one has a....get this.....a factory Compact disc player!!!! I gotta figure out how to fit my cassettes in it.
Attached Thumbnails DIY remote starters-1989-chevy-003.jpg   DIY remote starters-danscig-010.jpg  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Edit
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
yes joe,,i use to install them in my younger years,,have done thousands of them...keep in mind you will need a VAT's patch module for your key...let me know what your looking for i can still get deals on them..my burb has had one since 1994 and im on my second one..i would not go with out one now that im spoiled..

i can get you the auto page one for around 80 bucks or the one you can start your truck with from california with your smart phone,,will even tell you inside temps..
You won't need anything on a 97 Chevy or GMC. 98 started the passlock II system that needed a bypass.

For an install on this vehicle all one would need is just the remote start unit itself.

Buck
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For what little is charge I wouldnt mess with it. Most cars impossible these days as they are not all plug and play types. And alot of cars are requring a dealer to turn on a remote start with a computer on some types. Some models require by pass' etc. For ace pain of being on your back and the potential to be cutting wrong wires and making a mess I wouldnt bother.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
For what little is charge I wouldnt mess with it. Most cars impossible these days as they are not all plug and play types. And alot of cars are requring a dealer to turn on a remote start with a computer on some types. Some models require by pass' etc. For ace pain of being on your back and the potential to be cutting wrong wires and making a mess I wouldnt bother.
I agree I wouldnt attempt this on a 2013 Benz. But Im thinking my 1997 chevy should be pretty basic, like Buck here says.

I rewired my boats, always dont my own stereo installs, just nothing alarm/remote start. I would imagine if a 18 year old non english speaking kid working in the back of the alarm shop can manage it, I'd hope I can. Then again, sometimes I think I was sharper at 18 than i am now!

The main problem with living here in the city, is finding a shop that speaks english, or isnt loaded with gangbangers talking ghetto slang and their pants around their knees waitin on their new sounds. I have very limited patience for that bs. By the time I drive out to the outskirts, arrange for a lift, have to go back and pick it up, come back home again, Id have it installed and be napping already.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I called around today and you can install a one way basic job for about $150 bucks, range over 2000ft. By the time you buy the parts and such is worth saving 20-40 bucks? Come the holiday season they are all on sale.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by buck183
You won't need anything on a 97 Chevy or GMC. 98 started the passlock II system that needed a bypass.

For an install on this vehicle all one would need is just the remote start unit itself.

Buck
o yes you do,,it dont use the resister in the key like the old ones,,you need to figure which resister is in the vehicle and use a programed module with that resister number to tell the pcm that the key is in the ignition..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 4,730 Likes on 1,353 Posts
Talking

I hired a small Asian boy to start mine every morning, it just costs me some rice.

Joe you need to take that thing to my buddy In Brookfield for a nice Magnaflow exhaust, and then some 35% tint
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I hired a small Asian boy to start mine every morning, it just costs me some rice.

Joe you need to take that thing to my buddy In Brookfield for a nice Magnaflow exhaust, and then some 35% tint
i can do the magnaflow as well or just get the kit for joe and he likes to do that kind of easy bolt on stuff also..tint???? well you know its eeeeelegal....
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 4,730 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Law passed for tint like a year ago, get your head out from in between those legs buddy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.