Notices

Post the pics of your rig

Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 99 Ram Sport (has the 5.2) pulls it.. alright :/ looking to get something a bit bigger maybe even finding an older bigger truck just to pull it. not sure yet.. a 2500 or F250 would be nice tho.

NO SAG =

Last edited by 88Force265; 12-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
303/336? is that a eco?
'96 303. Not an Eco. 2010 with 5.4L/3.73. I only towed it this one time 30 miles from our marina to my house for a buddy of mine when his truck was in the shop. It did OK but I wouldn't want to own that boat and tow it all the time with that truck. The braking and handling were OK but it would be a dog on anything other than flat land. An EcoBoost would probably make it an adequate tow vehicle for that boat.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 5,044 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally Posted by BGIII
What are your thoughts on the Drive guard? pain in the a$$ or peace of mind protection?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
What are your thoughts on the Drive guard? pain in the a$$ or peace of mind protection?
I have a drive guard on mine. Not a pain in the a$$ at all. Even if it were the protection is well worth it in my opinion. With even just a minor rear ender your looking at major money. It's not just the drives but usually a cracked transom also. As far as a pain, you have to get out of the truck and open it, no big deal. You have to get out to undo the straps and put the plug in anyway. I'm amazed at how many guys don't have one. All that hard earned money hanging back there just waiting to be hit. Not only is is protection from an idiot who rearends you, what about the chance of you backing into that dumpster or other obsticle you just didn't see. Drive guard? YES!!!! It's a no brainer IMHO!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I have a drive guard on mine. Not a pain in the a$$ at all. Even if it were the protection is well worth it in my opinion. With even just a minor rear ender your looking at major money. It's not just the drives but usually a cracked transom also. As far as a pain, you have to get out of the truck and open it, no big deal. You have to get out to undo the straps and put the plug in anyway. I'm amazed at how many guys don't have one. All that hard earned money hanging back there just waiting to be hit. Not only is is protection from an idiot who rearends you, what about the chance of you backing into that dumpster or other obsticle you just didn't see. Drive guard? YES!!!! It's a no brainer IMHO!
That pretty much sums it up. I would do it the same way again if building another new trailer today.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

X2

I built one on my trailer, I like the fact that it adds that little bit of extra protection and it puts the lights at the furthest point back on the trailer! Ended up going with some super bright LED's

Nice place to mount the tie down straps also!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

That's the same thing I was thinking. Beautiful truck and boat but that hitch looks like an accident looking for a place to happen. I'm not a big fan of long drop hitches in the first place and that one looks pretty weak to me. The twisting forces put on that receiver are way more than it was designed to handle. Oh, and what's the point of the other two balls, it can't be rotated to use them?
Don't worry, the other two balls are just to make people ask questions!! It working. There is a couple long braces that pin to the bottom of the hits & back up to the frame for added support. Its works great!.

rlj676: it 100% built in my garage. Fab, body & paint.

rbsola: I couldn't agree more, there are more tools on there then in mast or our garages! haha
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Don't worry, the other two balls are just to make people ask questions!! It working. There is a couple long braces that pin to the bottom of the hits & back up to the frame for added support. Its works great!.

rbsola: I couldn't agree more, there are more tools on there then in mast or our garages! haha
Ah! Sounds like you have it under control. The braces you mention are definatly the way to go. By the way it's a beautiful rig! I love the color.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER

Nice job! I'm sure if I see you I'll know it, that is a standout ride (and boat too).
Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 5,044 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you, looks like I`ll be adding one to my trailer thats getting redone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.