Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone towing with a Sierra Denali 1500? >

Anyone towing with a Sierra Denali 1500?

Notices

Anyone towing with a Sierra Denali 1500?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a pcmsforless ECM in my 05 Escalade for towing. They did some minor tweaks to performance, that are noticeable. But I Really purchased to remove the torque management system while towing and change when and how long the fan comes on.

Paid $265 after the core charge. look them up!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by launchpad475
I just installed a pcmsforless ECM in my 05 Escalade for towing. They did some minor tweaks to performance, that are noticeable. But I Really purchased to remove the torque management system while towing and change when and how long the fan comes on.

Paid $265 after the core charge. look them up!
I'm well aware if PCMforless. Alvin does some great work. I have a local guy I've been using for years to do my tuning though. Fast Motorsports out of Woodstock, IL. Small shop, the guys name is Brandon who runs it. Real stand up guy who will go out of his way to help you out. He can do a mail order tune, on the dyno, or on the street to get some real world Data while te boat is hooked up behind the truck.

Brought my boat home without issue yesterday evening. The Denali tows much nicer than my f250.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice setup
Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Thank you!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
No stock transmission cooler?

You should be fine with that setup.
You might be surprised how hot the trans gets in stop and go on a hot day, the idiot stock gauges are pretty worthless,as is the stock cooler (running the fluid thru the radiator) but put a sender in the trans and I watch mine start to climb past 225* pretty quickly in Traffic.
Current set up is a thermostatically controlled fan assisted cooler.
Keeps that trans happy.

SnailLazer I lived in Woodridge for a few years.. I`m in Aurora now. Nice truck

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-12-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered

It was plenty happy on the way home yesterday, never broke 135*
Old 04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

+1 for the add on trans cooler. Mine has a plate style cooler built in radiator, and had a OE cooler in front of radiator. Replaced that one with a Derale cooler with a built in electric fan. Trans get warm, fan comes on, to help get some airflow across the cooler in traffic. Icdedppl hooked me up with that.

Havent hooked the boat to it yet, but around town and hwy, trans stays consisitant with coolant temp (150-160) on my autometer gauge. Running a Blackbear tuned pcm which helped a lot and tq management removed. More responsive and shifts better.

BTW Nice looking setup snailglazer
Old 04-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by SnailblazerSS
It was plenty happy on the way home yesterday, never broke 135*
sure at 40* ambient
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
+1 for the add on trans cooler. Mine has a plate style cooler built in radiator, and had a OE cooler in front of radiator. Replaced that one with a Derale cooler with a built in electric fan. Trans get warm, fan comes on, to help get some airflow across the cooler in traffic. Icdedppl hooked me up with that.

Havent hooked the boat to it yet, but around town and hwy, trans stays consisitant with coolant temp (150-160) on my autometer gauge. Running a Blackbear tuned pcm which helped a lot and tq management removed. More responsive and shifts better.

BTW Nice looking setup snailglazer
on your dually??? why,,that cooler is rater for 16k,,,i have the same cooler and i use to pull my dads cougar and never had any problems..all i did was add a b&m 9 qt pan and my trans stayed at 200*..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Registered

Im going to wait until I actually see some high trans temps before I go drop coin on a cooler. I was daily driving a trailblazer SS with a 4000 converter in it. That was a chore keeping trans temps down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.