Notices

Looking to upgrade my truck

Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to upgrade my truck

I have a 08 Chevy 3500 Duramax quadcab dually that has developed an exhaust leak. I can smell exhaust in the cab when it goes into regen mode, it looks like the pipe has shifted at the bango clamp coming out of the turbo. I have been thinking about installing a new exhaust & ecm tune but not sure who to go with. I wouldn't object to a throatier sound but a full open exhaust is too loud. Would also like to increase mpg. Everyone claims 140 some hp & x% mpg increase but different companies do it differently. Who is the best to go with & what can I expect realisticly. Thanks in advance, Randy
Old 11-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Look up buck183 here on OSO. He is in Arkansas; does this for a living, and will have some sound advice for you.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/buck183.html
Old 11-16-2013, 07:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

My neighbor has the same truck as you and bought a complete Banks set up ( Fresh air intake, dual exhaust, and programmer) from Summit. He pulls heavy equipment all day and said gas mileage went up avg 1 mile a gallon and torque vastly improved. For what its worth.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Banks=overpriced garbage and won't let you delete the dpf since they're carb certified. Im not a big duramax guy but quite a few of my buddies are. They seem to like the Efilive and H&S programmers. Much over 100+ hp and the stock trans will be a ticking time bomb as they use adaptive learning to adjust shift pressures. You can get packages (tuner/exhaust) under a grand usually. Straight through muffler would tone it down a little.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get the pipe leak fixed first. CO fumes are bad for you. I would look at reviews and talk to Buck183,

Wannabe
Old 11-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is what I am seeing as far as kits, Banks keeps all of the stock emissions equipment & others remove stuff & reprogram the ecu to keep the engine light off. I don't know enough about diesels to know if I'm damaging anything by deleting emissions. I will pm buck & see if he gets back to me. Randy
Old 11-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Efi live is where it's at
Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Got your PM Randy.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

To fix the leak I have to take the exhaust loose from the manifold/turbo, I would just as soon replace the pipe now instead of removing stuff twice. Randy
Old 11-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
That is what I am seeing as far as kits, Banks keeps all of the stock emissions equipment & others remove stuff & reprogram the ecu to keep the engine light off. I don't know enough about diesels to know if I'm damaging anything by deleting emissions. I will pm buck & see if he gets back to me. Randy
The only damage being done is by keeping all the emissions equipment on it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.