Notices

C5-C6 Corvettes...

Old 03-31-2015, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at C6Z's, and from what I've read (and its probably very very hit and miss) but a lot of guys have been saying to get the valves looked at.

I'm not sure of the specific year ranges for that issue if there even was one. It might just be the guys that are really running them.

Good luck with your search,

I've been looking at low mileage C6Z's and they are amazing cars, I just can't pull the trigger. Expensive toy to let sit, when I've already got a lot on the list.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
he even bought the best color! 650 HP/ 650 TQ is all business!
The new Z06 is pulling 10.6 1/4 miles driven properly......
Old 03-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrant
I've been looking at C6Z's, and from what I've read (and its probably very very hit and miss) but a lot of guys have been saying to get the valves looked at.

I'm not sure of the specific year ranges for that issue if there even was one. It might just be the guys that are really running them.

Good luck with your search,

I've been looking at low mileage C6Z's and they are amazing cars, I just can't pull the trigger. Expensive toy to let sit, when I've already got a lot on the list.
This started with the C5 Z06's, they always had upper engine noise. It was a normal thing, but some people just never could accept hearing their engine working. It also carried over to the New generation motor sounds.

The other thing you will hear is the excessive use of oil in some of the newer engines. This is true... and was due to these same people that had the cars were the type of people that immediately changed the engine oil when it got home and then were afraid that if they didn't continue to change the oil every couple thousand of miles the engines would not take the wear from the breakdown of parts... Problem was, this is what was causing the damage. By continuing to change the oil it never allowed the wear to happen and the motors never broke in. Thus the oil burning a quart every 1000 miles.

If you hear a certain rumor, it may have a basis, but look further and there is generally a complete story to explain it.

Like in boats, there are 2 separate Corvette owners, those that take exceptional care of the car and those that beat the hell out of them. It is easy to tell which it is when you go to look at it!

Corvettes are more than a car.... They are a away of life for many of us. Good or bad.... that is a personal opinion!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with a C6. there are some good deals on low mileage cars. If you can find a Grand Sport even better.
I have a 2011 Grand Sport convertible and love it. It's a great car and fun to drive.
Good luck
Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Some good points above......I guess it comes down to how much you will use it. If it will get out of the garage a lot,,,,a C6 Z06 will be a lot of fun.

I think I drove mine 4 times last year( I sometimes forget I even have it LOL ) ,,,, so for the whopping 13K I have in it,,,,, doesn't bother me a bit to have it just sit there!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I had 2 C6 Z06's. One Stock (yellow) and one Very Modded (Atomic Orange - SC'ed, ported Intake T/B, Cam, Full exhaust (catless), stage 5 rearend, clutch, Pfadt adjustable coilovers and swaybars, etc...) 700hp to the rear wheels. Loved them. On the road I never met anything that beat my Atomic Orange Vette. The last "pic" is a little clip of the car the day I picked it up. sorry for the quality. (just click it I think)

Last edited by EvilTwin; 04-01-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Craig,

My father has a silver 1999 C5 that he bought new. It has the Z51, 6 sp, and all the performance options. It's in mint condition (really), but probably needs some new tires and a good cleaning (mostly under the hood) from sitting. He starts it and takes it for short rides here and there, but other than that it's hardly ever driven. I believe it has 31k babied miles on it, never beaten on! The car is 100% stock to the best of my knowledge.

He mentioned to me the other day that it's time for it to go to a home where someone else will enjoy the car more than he does these days. If you're interested, shoot me a reasonable offer, I'm sure he'd sell it for below book value. The car is in CT, but I will be going down to FL at the end of April with an empty truck.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Craig,

My father has a silver 1999 C5 that he bought new. It has the Z51, 6 sp, and all the performance options. It's in mint condition (really), but probably needs some new tires and a good cleaning (mostly under the hood) from sitting. He starts it and takes it for short rides here and there, but other than that it's hardly ever driven. I believe it has 31k babied miles on it, never beaten on! The car is 100% stock to the best of my knowledge.

He mentioned to me the other day that it's time for it to go to a home where someone else will enjoy the car more than he does these days. If you're interested, shoot me a reasonable offer, I'm sure he'd sell it for below book value. The car is in CT, but I will be going down to FL at the end of April with an empty truck.
Empty truck..............WTF? I'm thinking CANNONBALL RUN style delivery!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Empty truck..............WTF? I'm thinking CANNONBALL RUN style delivery!

Hey.... You shut your mouth when you are talking to me!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to spice it up take a look at Vengence racing.. Corvette guys thru and thru...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.