Notices

newer 5.0 mustang

Old 04-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
WTF does that mean in English?
Heck, I thought thats what Ford guys started calling it when they took out the mod motors...packed them on the shelf to do the junkyard LSx swap

Old 04-28-2015, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Paint, Have a 2012 convertible Shelby GT500 and a 2013 Shelby gt 500 coupe. I know they are different than the 5.0 but for what its worth Love them. Upgraded both of them to 750 horses each. Both are rock solid and have no problems at all. Can get 10.9s out of them in the quarter. The 5.0 motor has been around for a while in different forms but you can load horses on it afterward. My friend who upgraded both mine professionally said you can add supercharger and retune and get 650 at the wheels pretty easy and safely. His father was a professional racer and does this for a living. He is very good. Have driven both my cars to Fla and back several times without a problem after upgrades. That 5.0 mustang before the body change is a good set up. You can beat the hell out of them and have little problems although nothing is perfect. Steve.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been involved with them for a while and still race them too. No major issues with them as stock drivers.

+1 on buying a 15 model though. That 14 model may be half price, but so will the resale value be on it. And believe it or not those EcoBoost turbo 4 cylinder engines go like stink in the 15 model.

Check out MustangRTR.com to separate yourself from the flat bill wearing hillbillies. Shameless plug :-)