Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Tell the dealer you`ll take it as long as you can get $15K off a new one
Old 11-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a car and motorcycle auctioneer and do about 180 auctions per year. We also have a small used dealership and often get called on trucks like this. I just did a Manheim Market report on your truck. Manheim is a company that is owned by Cox Communications and owns over 80 car auctions in the US. Their market report is a very current listing of what vehicles prices are at their auctions, transactions, locations, prices, condition, etc. Even with those miles, your truck should be over 30K with no problem. I'll take 2 truck loads of them at 20k a piece!! HaHa! I don't want to tick off any other dealers out there by revealing any "secret" info but about any inquiry on Autotrader.com or Cars.com or Craigslist or eBay will show you what they are are asking for that truck in a retail setting. Sounds like a nice truck, you should have no trouble selling it.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Registered

im already hating the new 17 fords . im jumping back from my 15 denali . the first day i can get my hands on on 17 f 450 in white and tan /black interior ... im hoping to get decent trade in .. ive got 9 k on it wont see many more till spring . 6months , 17 will be out hope i dont get killed ... them new fords, i just love the new look ... this denali has been sweet ass too .. hope not to get the coals stuck to me ...
Old 11-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
im already hating the new 17 fords . im jumping back from my 15 denali . the first day i can get my hands on on 17 f 450 in white and tan /black interior ... im hoping to get decent trade in .. ive got 9 k on it wont see many more till spring . 6months , 17 will be out hope i dont get killed ... them new fords, i just love the new look ... this denali has been sweet ass too .. hope not to get the coals stuck to me ...
It always scares the chit out of me to buy first year anything american. My wife's 07 Tahoe taught me quite the lesson on that. The 2011 Super Duty with the 6.7 first year was no gem either, but they had it pretty well ironed out by 2012. I do really like the new interior on the 17's, the jury is still out for me on the exterior until I can see one in person.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 282 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I called for a trade in on my 2013 Denali 3500 crew cab, all stock, 93K miles, loaded w/ everything black on black. clean title, etc, nice truck.

I looked up KBB trade in values to ballpark it before I even thought about a new truck, because I was curious.

"Do I hang on to this one as the warranty runs out, or trade in for a new one while it's still worth something?" (is what I thought)

KBB = $35K (OK fair enough, 3 year old truck, $62K, taking a hit, I understand)

Dealer calls back - "You are right around $20K for the trade in"

ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?

Who can go out and buy this truck for $20K, or even $30K? Please show me, cause I'll never buy a new truck again!

Curious as to others experience before I go any further. I may just keep the thing and run it into the ground, not even worth to trade it.

First thing that might be a problem in your situation is they will shoot you a low figure on trade in's when its over the phone. You will get a very low trade in value when it is quoted unseen. Was the quote from your regular salesperson or the used car manager who gives the trade in quotes to make his pocket full at the end of the month.

It's always better to get the salesperson involved because he wants to get your deal done so he can make a wiggle off you. He will try to get the most for you on the trade and work your deal.

Sell it to KBB, last I have heard they have not bought one car yet, lol.

Sucks to hear this but I have heard it before, try a different dealer and let them see it. Good Luck you wanna look at a new Ford, PM me.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
yeah good luck with that,,,you can program the IPC to any mileage you want,but give me 2 minutes with my scanners and I will tell you the actual miles ,,
We have miles registered with inspections anyway. It would show up somewhere
Old 11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black Book Trade In Value is $34,980.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

So after 4 pages, the consensus is they were trying to get your truck for nothing. Don't give it away, used late model diesels are in demand by dealers.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does the car-fax report show? If it has been smacked once or twice the dealers don't want them..
Old 11-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I've been having the opposite experience. I've been getting letters offering high trade for my truck if it is in good shape and has low miles (which it is and does). I figure they are just moving numbers around by offering high trade-in but charging more for the new truck than they need too. Dealers have a lot of leeway on pricing. The bottom line is what matters. I have had better luck at rural dealers. I'm surprised they would low-ball you like that if your truck is coming up as being worth quite a bit more in trade. That is a lot of miles though and if it's hard towing mileage then the truck could well be hard to sell. I would not buy a tow rig with that many miles. Good luck though. Try other dealers, especially one in the boondocks. I'm not putting down your truck. A 2013 should still look like new and yours probably does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.