Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Your feelings on a 94 6.5 turbo diesel, DRW, 1 ton. (photos) >

Your feelings on a 94 6.5 turbo diesel, DRW, 1 ton. (photos)

Notices

Your feelings on a 94 6.5 turbo diesel, DRW, 1 ton. (photos)

Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I'd buy it. I looked into buying a nice old 6.5TD but seems like up here it was either a rusted heap or they still wanted 10k for it. At 4k you wont loose a penny if it is clean.....might even make a few bucks down the road. Looks like that motor can be turned up a few HP fairly easily and can become close to what the early year duramax's had for power (I think they were only 285 hp at first).
Old 01-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Well I pulled the trigger. Gave him $1 per number on the door ($3500). But over all it will work for what I need it for and at $3500 you cant really beat it.

It was not as rust free as he said, but the truck shows well and will be good driver. Standard rust on the bottom of the doors, and this 1 spot on the front fender on both sides. Same size, same spot..Then to figure out what I want to do with the hips, fix / repaint or replace them.

It needs a couple things. Right side mirror (glass is broken, he hit it pulling into his garage yrs ago),
New arm rest on driver seat, (or find new used seats),
The A/C needs a "charging". I'm betting a o-ring leaks some where but Ill find it since I have all the equipment.
Tonight I want to check out the mixer/heater. It heats and bows fine but dose not seem like it is blowing on the feet. Only seems to be blowing out the dash vents and or the defrost when I switch it. Prob another Chevy thing>? HAHA!

The park position for the windshield wipers is off. You can see in the photos, there up just a touch. Just another thing to tinker with in the garage.

Plus a good interior cleaning/shampooing, and then a black Truck Bed Coating. I think Ill just leave the goose neck trailer ball in the bed a coat right over it.

At least it fits in the garage.....Only 6" to spare

Last edited by 92nsx; 01-20-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,409 Posts

( Plus a good interior cleaning/shampooing )

Skanks
Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say you did pretty damn well for that little money, hell mine is 2WD and I wouldn't sell it that cheap. I actually really like the upholstery GM used in those 88-94 trucks, it wears like iron. They really cheapened the material in the 95-06 trucks, I'm a car wholesaler for a living that buys 50-75 used cars a week and I can't remember the last time I bought a higher mile 95-06 GM truck/suv that didn't need the driver bolster redone.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 807 Likes on 372 Posts

I bought one off the side of the road from a horse farmer on the way to Connecticut to buy my cafe (truck I was supposed to buy was sold out from under me).

I didn't have any trouble maintaining highway speeds. Second gear syncros were shot though so it took a little care driving it. I think it had 385k miles on it when I sold it for 4500 bucks. It was rough though.....
Old 01-20-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would prefer this same truck but with a 454... I hate the old 6.5....