Notices

Boat Trailers

Old 10-17-2016, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Trailers

I just purchased a Formula 370SS, looking for a trailer, new used, what are everyone's thoughts on Loadmaster, Myco, Eagle etc?
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Check with Manning Marine also.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I just sold a 35 Fountain that was on a Myco. I really liked that trailer alot. There was no place for water to pool up and cause rust.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Registered

call terry Ace trailers in Florida 813-610-5494 tell him Mike from WeHaulBoats.com gave you his number
Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

Random thoughts:

With a used trailer, you're somewhat limited to what you find available.

If I was doing a new trailer it would be aluminum and not have surge brakes. I'd have landing lights, a prop/drive guard, and reverse lights.

IF i had the extra room in the garage, I'd also have a gooseneck trailer for a large boat.

We just bought our first "big" trailer boat and it's on a Myco. I was nervous about trailer manners because the boat is big and wide and sits up in the air…bad spot for center of gravity and catching wind.

I was pleasantly surprised with the absolute lack of drama when towing; the Myco handles the load well and tracks true. We're a horse and stock trailer dealer and certain trailer manufacturers just seem easier to pull. I don't know why, but they do. It's not a "this is great and this is horrible" thing' the differences are subtle, but they're there.

I contacted Myco about some replacement parts and upgrades and they responded immediately & were very helpful which is always nice.

With social media we live in an "oops at the speed of light" world, I'm guessing as long as you stay with a name brand trailer you'll have good luck.

Is any manufacturer local to you? That's probably where I'd start if I were going to purchase a new trailer.

just my .02
Old 10-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

For a boat like that you will probably have to buy new. Thats a heavy boat, get a good tralier like a Myco, Manning or similar.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Thoughts on Loadmaster trailers
Old 10-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F.A.S.T.Lane
Thoughts on Loadmaster trailers
I had Loadmaster build a new trailer for my Cig Flatdeck in 2015. It replaced the float on aluminum p.o.s. that it was on when I purchased it. Very professional, on time, and heavy duty. Depending on what you are doing with it, salt or fresh, choose options carefully. After all was said and done, I may have used another builder after seeing some of the build differences and standard equipment and options between manufacturers.
This is the second custom trailer I've had built in 4 years and am looking at another for one of my projects.

Make lots of calls to the manufacturers and list everything you want. Compare apples to apples, then look at costs. Manning, Myco, and many others use square tube for rails, Loadmaster uses C channel re-enforced to reduce flex.... Stainless fasteners are option, brake options, axle options, wheel options....

Choose wisely......[ATTACH=CONFIG]560650[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Boat Trailers-image.jpg  
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are at least two Loadmaster trailer companies.

I STRONGLY recommend Loadmaster of Ohio (near Sandusky). Great people, great product. (Myco was very helpful and actually recommended them to me.)

Also, I think there are a lot of advantages to the adjustable bunk setup of a Loadmaster. Maybe the trailer stays with the boat forever, maybe not. WAY more marketable or re-usable on its own if it's an adjustable bunk setup. And I would argue that the fit will always be as good or better. It's virtually impossible to fabricate a welded trailer perfectly, even with the hull dimensions known. I think they'd pretty much need to have your boat on site to build it, and even then, there may be some shimming of bunks to get it right. Adjustable bunks are just that. You can go under the trailer with a jack and two wrenches and make the fit PERFECT. If they are building the trailer without your boat on site, I wouldn't consider any other way for myself. Don't get me wrong, Myco makes a great product that is far more stylish (my prior trailer was a Myco), but I see both lifetime cost and flexibility advantages with Loadmaster. It's a tradeoff--pick your preference.

Also, unlike some, when Loadmaster galvanizes, they get the complete welded frame done and galvanize as one piece in a huge tank, after fabrication. Right way to do it. Nothing but good things to say about them and their product.

Last edited by Ghost24; 10-20-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Depending on where you are located i would go with Manning Marine. from the multiple trailers i have seen that came out of their shop i have been very impressed with their work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.