Notices

Truck Shopping........

Old 02-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Oh I agree gm rides better, justbto me the ford isn't that bad, I can say the ford tows nicer then gm I been in, just my opinion that's all
Old 02-12-2017, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

^ I know exactly what your saying, for me I should get a GMC for daily and use the Ford to tow that way my skirt won't move around so much exposing my lady parts.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
^ I know exactly what your saying, for me I should get a GMC for daily and use the Ford to tow that way my skirt won't move around so much exposing my lady parts.
Ewwwww hahahha
Old 02-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

1) I know a LB will ride better than the SB, but I can't find a CC LB 1-ton Ford to test drive. I wanted to know if the 1-ton SRW lacks the wheel bounce that the DRW trucks have. And it does, but the GM platform does is better than the Ford.

2) I'm buying a 1-ton, so no interest in the 2500 Dodge with 4 corner airbags.

3) Just peering underneath of them, the only difference in the 3/4 ton and 1 ton offerings side by side on the lots from Ford and GM is an additional leaf spring. There are some different weight capacity options on each, but what matters to me is the test drive; not the components.

4) I'm buying a 1-ton because I don't ever want to exceed the weight capacity of a 3/4 ton; and nothing I'm going to buy or tow will do that. I do plan to do a lift, wheels and tires, and no matter what you do to a truck, you can't add capacity.

5) If a truck has a squat issue, I don't have any issue adding airbags; I'm actually a big fan as they improved handling on the first to GMs I put them on. I've had them on almost all of my trucks. I actually like having a full on board air system for air horns, filling tires, and adjusting the airbags. I have this full setup on my current F-350 and will be repeating it on the new rig.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

If I was buying right now I would be looking for a GMC 3500 CC LB SRW. Now I am saying that without riding in a 2017 F350 CC SRW maybe the brand new Ford is riding much better.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
1) I know a LB will ride better than the SB, but I can't find a CC LB 1-ton Ford to test drive. I wanted to know if the 1-ton SRW lacks the wheel bounce that the DRW trucks have. And it does, but the GM platform does is better than the Ford.

2) I'm buying a 1-ton, so no interest in the 2500 Dodge with 4 corner airbags.

3) Just peering underneath of them, the only difference in the 3/4 ton and 1 ton offerings side by side on the lots from Ford and GM is an additional leaf spring. There are some different weight capacity options on each, but what matters to me is the test drive; not the components.

4) I'm buying a 1-ton because I don't ever want to exceed the weight capacity of a 3/4 ton; and nothing I'm going to buy or tow will do that. I do plan to do a lift, wheels and tires, and no matter what you do to a truck, you can't add capacity.

5) If a truck has a squat issue, I don't have any issue adding airbags; I'm actually a big fan as they improved handling on the first to GMs I put them on. I've had them on almost all of my trucks. I actually like having a full on board air system for air horns, filling tires, and adjusting the airbags. I have this full setup on my current F-350 and will be repeating it on the new rig.
Been a while since I played with lifts but if you are putting one on doesn't that change the springs so the stock ride really is out the door anyway?
Old 02-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Been a while since I played with lifts but if you are putting one on doesn't that change the springs so the stock ride really is out the door anyway?
It depends on what you go with; but you are right is some instances. Some lifts primarily put a spacer between the stock suspension and the frame.
I'd be lying if I told I didn't think this was awesome as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2216vcTV7E
Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
If I was buying right now I would be looking for a GMC 3500 CC LB SRW. Now I am saying that without riding in a 2017 F350 CC SRW maybe the brand new Ford is riding much better.
I actually did locate an F-350 SRW CC LB 4x4 Platinum near me. But I probably won't have a chance to check it out until after the boat show.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It depends on what you go with; but you are right is some instances. Some lifts primarily put a spacer between the stock suspension and the frame.
I'd be lying if I told I didn't think this was awesome as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2216vcTV7E
I didn't figure you would do a spacer lift

The one you posted is that the same brand that Rob Freeman have on his new 2017? I think he said there was some issue he had with it? Cool, the street car crowd went air rides a long time ago.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I didn't figure you would do a spacer lift

The one you posted is that the same brand that Rob Freeman have on his new 2017? I think he said there was some issue he had with it? Cool, the street car crowd went air rides a long time ago.
Any Level Lift is actually hydraulics, aka OLD SKOOL. It's a lever action over a coil-over suspension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.