Notices

Bow Blocks

Old 10-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cabana1
$80 + shipping from loadmaster.....ordered
I wondered about that as I walked by my loadmaster this morning and noticed the blocks.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Seems like the rubber ones wold be more abrasive on the hulls than the older carpeted wood ones on the Myco trailers does anyone have any experience with using both?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Seems like the rubber ones wold be more abrasive on the hulls than the older carpeted wood ones on the Myco trailers does anyone have any experience with using both?
carpet does work better IMHO,,,,I have the grey D bow stops and as soon as the boat makes contact with them its a B itch to winch the boat forward,,,tried applying wax on them and it really does not help,,and yes they still leave marks on the boat but at least its not black marks,,that is the reason a lot of guys cover them with a towel or a wax bonnet,,But they look better than carpeted blocks I guess LOL
Old 10-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
carpet does work better IMHO,,,,I have the grey D bow stops and as soon as the boat makes contact with them its a B itch to winch the boat forward,,,tried applying wax on them and it really does not help,,and yes they still leave marks on the boat but at least its not black marks,,that is the reason a lot of guys cover them with a towel or a wax bonnet,,But they look better than carpeted blocks I guess LOL
Agreed they do look a lot better. I'll keep my carpet I guess though if they still leave marks. If I don't launch and load just right mine still gouge our wrap. The buffing pads as mentioned earlier did help though before I learned the "trick" to loading and unloading to avoid it. The round edge on the rubber ones I thought may help since they maybe don't contact as much of the bow when loaded possibly.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an extra pair if someone needs them.

They are the grey ones from Myco.