Notices

Trailer delivey to LA CA area

Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Maybe he knows about your friend's prior escapades that landed him in prison for his role in a boat theft/disappearance
Exactly as that was the first thing that crossed my mind possible being Jeff aka the chubster here. Keep in mind I am in Texas as well and that was an insurance scam crap that went down. So in the long run who do you think ends up paying for crap like this ? Us honest insurance payees. And if you live in DFW freaking insurance for anything is thru the roof. Especially Auto insurance. The Trailer has an MSO only so I have to watch out whom is hauling it off. And if you think auto insurance is high - get into a full blown marine dealership and see what that costs MONTHLY in this area.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 338 Likes on 133 Posts

Just an FYI, as a transporter; you should see what our insurance costs. Everyone wants a $1m policy w/$500k on hook. Then throw in truck costs, lodging,(this is more the farther it is and averages $150/night) and driver's time to do haul, well... I know the people we haul for don't work for free.... I understand no one wants to pay anything more than what they have to,(especially dealers) but those of us that take care of our clients... That is why, it costs an average of $2.50-$3/mile loaded these days.

Not complaining at all, just trying to clarify why a transport costs are more than what people wish they were. A trailer unless loaded on another trailer, still costs money to haul. Seriously at a $1/mile it is more cost effective to dead head do to getting better mileage with the truck.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
thanks - someone will be heading to Havasu in a couple months as I can hook up that way hopefully.. If this was a 20 K and above item that needed to be hauled I am fine with paying anything under 2 bucks a loaded mile. Again I am marine dealer and my cost was 3500 bucks for this trailer. With that said I am not going to pay 2 to 4 K to have it shipped. I would have been smarter to just BUY a 6 to 8 K trailer in California then.<br /><br />The trailer is empty, one can load it up and move what they want as well cross country. I can not tell you how many calls I get from people wanting to rent a trailer heading to florida to delivery a boat or what ever marine related . . Wished the calls were for CA instead of Florida but they are not. I do not rent trailers unless its ONE way to CA in this case.
what trailer did you get for it and how did they fit it to the Lavey?