Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ferarri Maranello 575 vs. Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG >

Ferarri Maranello 575 vs. Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG

Notices
View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Ferarri Maranello 575
65.22%
Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG
34.78%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Ferarri Maranello 575 vs. Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG

Old 11-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a Ferarri nuff said, but amg kit MB's are very very impressive. I like the Benzes anemneties.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:35 AM
CRUBOSS

THIS IS WAY OVER MY HEAD

Old 11-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

voted: mercedes
Old 11-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Registered

I'd take the Benz, definately a daily driver. Unlike a boat, you'll definately get in trouble with the fast car. I took my SL500 Silver Arrow to 145 once. The car is now gone. Don't know what the hell I was thinking to do something stupid like that on these Jersey roads.

I got mine on the recomendation of a customer that has, well many cars, including a Testerosa. He said clearance on the Ferrari kept him out of many places and it was a ***** to even get in the driveway. He'd use the car maybe once a week.

The two cars are a different breed. The Benz is a heavy car, my SL weighed almost as much as the S sedan. It was solid as a rock and you'd be hard pressed to find a more comfortable car to cuise around in. 0-60 sucked but accelleration from 80 to 120 was incredible. The Benz is definately an Autobonn car. I can only imagine the new SLs are even more incredible.

Now the chick factor. I know someone that has an old 190 SL and a Ferrari Spyder. He gets more women in the Benz. Says too many are intimidated by the Ferrari.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 11-20-2002 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:42 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

oh yeah you can only get the benz in *****... i mean auto......

the 575 comes in F1 or real manual. Grante dthe F1 tranny is fast and smooth BUT your not racing so that 1/4 second faster down shift really isn't comming into play. Besides its worth it just to throw the shift lever and relaly enjoy the motions of driving sucha fine automobile.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Registered

I wouls go with the Benz. For one you will be really upset doing valve jobs on the Ferrarri every 1000 miles. That and the other problems with repairs like weeks geting parts and service. Most people cannot appreciate the Ferrarri and may not recognize it as one so the "head turning" effect may be lost. The Benz actually looks better so that helps. Have you driven both? I would think the Benz would be more user friendly. I drove a 308 for about a month and it was not something I could have lived with daily. The owner crashed it so that was that. Are you thinking of selling your Ford early? I would like it but can't wait that long.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted Benz, assuming you plan on driving it. Everyone I've known with a Ferrari ended up selling it for reasons mentioned above.
Everyone I've ever known with a Benz only sold them to buy another one.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 3,243 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally posted by jafo
- the paddle shifters take a little getting used to.
They make the 575 w/the manual gates. The paddles are cool, but they are a trip like Jafo said.....pulling up a drive way into a garage....Like your house nort....is a little tricky. The trans wants to jump forward. It's kinda odd......I also agree exotics should be topless! So Nort, buy the convert 575!! When we taking this puppy out for a little drive??!!

Oh by the way...I had a friend that drove a Lambo almost as a daily driver...When he went to sell it, it was the highest milage Diablo on the market for it's year. He used a F-1 355 spyder as a back up car...Drove the piss out of it and never had a major problem. The new Ferrari's are not as tempramental as the old. They are lasting alot longer with (just like anything else) correct maintenace. If you are worried about having to tune it regularly don't buy one. Just my opinion from what I've seen.

Last edited by thisistank; 11-20-2002 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Nort, With your money just buy both and when one gets dirty drive the other !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I have driven both very hard and the Ferarri is hands down a better car the MBZ is a chicks car.

Fresh

Last edited by Douggie Fresh; 11-20-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

Hey KWB................what do you think?

Quick Reply: Ferarri Maranello 575 vs. Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.