Notices

2022 Super Duty

Old 09-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 830 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlysleB
Picked up a new 2023 Tremor 6.7HO

The truck is really nice with the 10speed but has brake controller issues. I had placed the deposit down on a King Ranch but the dealer sold before I arrived in a miscommunication. Ended up with a lariat but has the standard-style seats. Overall still happy and dealer made right for the mistake.
im Definitely finding a few things that need correcting with software updates.

I had to turn off the automatic braking in forward and reverse because it was so sensitive and will SLAM on the brakes when you are parking or navigating a parking spot, but then when you do that there is a HUGE reminder that comes up that has to be cleared manually so you can see your gauges. Needs some working out for sure. The adaptive cruise control is not to my liking either. It will SLAM on the brakes and then gun it to get back up to speed, which I am obviously avoiding during break in, but even in normal circumstances it’s way to extreme. The old truck was more mild in how it handled this…..
Old 09-12-2023, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 329 Likes on 178 Posts

I turned off the braking assist also, was violent and kept braking when I didn't want it to.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder
I turned off the braking assist also, was violent and kept braking when I didn't want it to.
does your message pop up as soon as you put it in gear and then have to be manually cleared?

can’t tell if these are bugs that will cure with a software update or a really ****ty design. My Bluetooth phone also cuts off sometimes if you try to adjust volume while on a call. Kind of annoying….
Old 09-13-2023, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy

I had to turn off the automatic braking in forward and reverse because it was so sensitive and will SLAM on the brakes when you are parking or navigating a parking spot, but then when you do that there is a HUGE reminder that comes up that has to be cleared manually so you can see your gauges. Needs some working out for sure. The adaptive cruise control is not to my liking either. It will SLAM on the brakes and then gun it to get back up to speed, which I am obviously avoiding during break in, but even in normal circumstances it’s way to extreme. The old truck was more mild in how it handled this…..
I turned off the automatic braking for the same reason and have to clear the warning every time I put it in gear. I also turned off the adaptive cruise control because it was slowing down and braking for objects on the shoulder of the road. Now when I use the cruise control for the first time after each start up, the truck "dings" three times to tell me the adaptive setup is disabled. A little annoying. I don't mind having these options turned off, but I don't like having to clear the constant reminders warning me that they are off.
Old 09-13-2023, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yall are 100% correct on the automatic braking. I didn't think it was active on mine but buddy was pulling us out at PB2/Loto and after that left turn it just randomly locked up on him.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I turned off the automatic braking for the same reason and have to clear the warning every time I put it in gear. I also turned off the adaptive cruise control because it was slowing down and braking for objects on the shoulder of the road. Now when I use the cruise control for the first time after each start up, the truck "dings" three times to tell me the adaptive setup is disabled. A little annoying. I don't mind having these options turned off, but I don't like having to clear the constant reminders warning me that they are off.

Yes - the adaptive CC is incredibly sensitive and slams on the brakes. Ironically it’s less intuitive/refined than on my older truck. I hope they fix it, but for the time being I have turned off the Adaptive CC as well. I’d like to think these issues are resolved with OTA software updates but right now it’s a bit frustrating. The other issue I have is that if you leave the windshield wipers in auto (like everyone in the world does) it AUTOMATICALLY does a swipe upon start-up. That is annoying as hell too. I end up turning off the automatic wipers and just used them as normal old-fashioned wipers. A step backwards from the old truck.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

I ordered the Whipple for my Godzilla. Was hoping it would be here next week, unfortunately, after talking to Whipple and the place I got it, it's a 10-12 week lead time.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 329 Likes on 178 Posts

Mine also tells me the auto collision assist is turned off every time I start the truck. And I get tired of having to reset the cluster to my preferred view every start up. Hopefully the recall where they are replacing the instrument cluster screen fixes that.

We're at the point now where these features in the name of safety are making the trucks less safe.
The following users liked this post:
Plowtownmissile (11-30-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 05:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Agreed 87 - you basically have to configure the screen on every startup. It’s ****ing obnoxious.

Clear Brake Assist notice, click to my view, scroll past the fuel economy screen because no one that drives these things gives a **** about MPg, then get to the screen I want which shows oil, coolant and tranny temp.

its really annoying.
The following users liked this post:
87MirageIntruder (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

I ordered my trucks Oct 22 and it just came in Oct 23. It rides better than my 17 did. I opted for the 7.3 motor and so far I like the motor and trans package but haven't had a chance to tow with it. I agree with what others are saying about having to change the display screen every time at start up as well as the active braking. I cut the reverse active breaking off but it still acts funny whenever I back up to the boat trailer just pull it out of the shop to do any work. It doesn't want to move in reverse and then it will move way to fast while backing up to it. I almost think the truck has to many features on it. The auto dimming headlights can be annoying sometimes because they click between high and low beams too often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.