Notices

LS project

Old 11-18-2023, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
I hate air ride as the systems you can buy are no where near what the factory setups are like. the compressors tend to be loud and after about a year they wear out and take twice as long to air up. plus I hate the way they handle. coilovers are a much better way and far more tunable unless you are one of the guys that just has to show up at the car show and lay the frame on the ground (I am not one of those). as for the LS get one from 2006 truck or 2005 car or earlier as they dont have the DOD, etc to deal with. if you get a fly by wire make sure to get the TAC and gas pedal as there are different ones based on the harness and ECM with the engine. as for fuel I put a pump in the tank and use a corvette filter that has the regulator built in and mounted it in the back so the return hose is only about 20" long.
Thank you -appreciate the helpful tips!
Old 11-18-2023, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 335 Posts

this is my car.

this was when I got it. it is on the road now with about 3000 miles on it since I got it together. I used a 5.3 from a 06 silverado, fly by wire setup with 4l60. I rewired the original harness and had the ecm reprogramed to remove all the unneeded stuff. mine is all stock engine wise. as it is fly by wire I have cruise control as it is built into the ecm, you just have to ad a control switch for it. if you go this route I can find the website that shows how and what to remove from the harness and how to build a fuse/relay panel.
The following 3 users liked this post by compedgemarine:
bulletbob (01-12-2024), dykstra (11-20-2023), TomZ (11-19-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I might be moving on from this project, PM me if interested.

Old 05-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

sold