Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Electric over hydraulic disc brakes >

Electric over hydraulic disc brakes

Notices

Electric over hydraulic disc brakes

Old 06-02-2023, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 216 Posts

So. For the first time, Etrailer.com jerked me off. The day after I ordered my electric over hydraulic kit. I was told that some parts were back ordered. That I would receive the kit by the end of the month. Two day ago I received an email stating that the kit would be sent out by the 19th of this month. In other words, over a month and a half wait.
So I called hydrastar. They told me that they have all the kits and parts to go with it on the shelf. Never been back ordered.
I call etrailer.com and complain to customer service. They told me the parts that are not in the kit are being purchased through another vendor.
I called hydrastar and told them the situation. They agreed to sell me the kit at the same price as e-trailer.com along with free shipping. That's customer service. Canceled etrailer.com.
It's a good thing I'm still able to use the boat trailer. Otherwise I'd be shiπing fire to save matches.
The following 3 users liked this post by AmiableDave:
Padraig (06-03-2023), Plowtownmissile (06-03-2023), Serenity Now (06-10-2023)
Old 06-03-2023, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Wow

glad you posted this, I am starting on a rebuild of a aluminum trailer for my boat and was going to source parts from E-trailer.

maybe not
Old 06-03-2023, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wow

glad you posted this
I purchase many apart from etrailer. Never a problem. From now on I'll ask if they have the part on the shelf that can be shipped within a couple of days.
Thank God I wish able to use my trailer to trailer the boat to and from the boat ramp. While I have been waiting for the electric over hydraulic kit.
If my trailer was inoperable and it took a month and a half to get the parts. Plus I want to rewire the trailer and install lights. That's 2 months of non-boating. The thing that annoyed me the most was talking to the supervisor who didn't seem to care.

The following users liked this post:
Padraig (06-03-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Registered

I would like to give a big shout out to Hydrastar trailer brake actuators. I called them on the 2nd of this month which was a Friday. I told them about the problem I was having with etrailer.com. The package just came from Glendale Indiana. It only took 4 days and two of those days where the weekends. NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE. I'll be a busy beaver this weekend installing the electric over hydraulic, rewiring the complete trailer and installing new tail lights.
PostScript.. I found out that the tail lights on my 9-year-old trailer had a lifetime warranty. I looked the part number up that was stamped on the lights. I then looked it up online and sure enough, lifetime warranty. So I called MYCO trailer just down the road from me. All I had to do is pay for the wire pigtails and the rubber grommets. Good deal.... Save myself over 40 bucks.

Padraig (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 530 Likes on 315 Posts

Greendale, IN
AmiableDave (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 193 Posts

Dave alot of work UT you will,lovethc EOH brakes.

Padraig
AmiableDave (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cheech
Greendale, IN
Greendale, IN. Absolutely correct sir. At least somebody's reading the post.. 😂
cheech (06-06-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AmiableDave
Greendale, IN. Absolutely correct sir. At least somebody's reading the post.. 😂
More than one person is reading this thread, and etrailer's supervisor made the error of believing that his attitude affected just one customer...word of mouth (or text, in this case) cost etrailer more than just one. I will remember your etrailer experience in every trailer-related purchase that I consider in the future. Thank you for sharing, it has been very informative in several regards.
AmiableDave (06-10-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 02:07 PM
Registered

So. I finished the install weeks ago. While I was at it, I made a complete wiring harness for the MYCO trailer using 16 gauge tinned wire. I soldered all leg connections to the main. Then heat shrinked everything. To be safe, I liquid electric taped the heat shrinked ends to make sure it was water tight.
Also, instead of redoing the trailer color code. I made it the same color code as the 7-way plug coming out of the truck. For simplicity. The same color wires would be tied together in the electrical box.
On the electrical box, the trailer 7 way pigtail goes into the front opening. Everything is sealed with rubber grommet. The rear outside wiring harness is the trailer wiring and the inside wiring harness is the electric over hydraulic wiring. To keep the weather away from the electrical box. I used some spare aluminum screen kick plate.

Now for the performance. I trailered the boat 3 times and I'm more than completely satisfied. You know you have trailer brakes. Every trailer should come stock with them.

The following 2 users liked this post by AmiableDave:
Plowtownmissile (07-17-2023), Serenity Now (07-16-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hydrastar here as well
AmiableDave (08-09-2023)