Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Ha. For the friend
Old 11-29-2023, 09:38 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Anybody know where we can get a Turret?? Asking for a friend
Tell your friend to get in touch with these guys.
https://www.facebook.com/RogueV100

Yankey Schmidt here on OSO introduced me to them. They build whatever a customer wants. Do you want a gatling gun on your helicopter for hog hunting?

Done by Tuesday. What else?

The following users liked this post:
Quinlan (11-30-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Tell your friend to get in touch with these guys.
https://www.facebook.com/RogueV100

Yankey Schmidt here on OSO introduced me to them. They build whatever a customer wants. Do you want a gatling gun on your helicopter for hog hunting?

Done by Tuesday. What else?

I love America!
The following 3 users liked this post by DallasBAJA:
Quinlan (11-30-2023), resurrected (02-06-2024), Sydwayz (11-29-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 05:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 644 Likes on 303 Posts

Well, she is ALive. Mech put in Batts and fired right up. He put some treatment in fuel and has been letting it run through the system.
Doing all of the fluids and belts next and time for a road test.
I have also talked to my truck accessory guy about Train Horn and rock lights for its next stop

My brother, who served our Great country for 25 years- Has been telling me some of his crazy stories of where he has gone with these trucks during 8+ tours to **** holes in this world since around 1995 or so.
Also found a manual Online that he sent.
The following 2 users liked this post by Quinlan:
Hoodoo 2.0 (12-07-2023), sonicss42 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4,916 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Thumbs up

OMG I`m so jealous!!!!!!
Those things are so cool!
Can`t help you with engine but 23k miles seems like a unicorn, what a barn find.
All done up they are bringing in some big $$, congrats that is so awesome!
Enjoy the hell out of it.
Quinlan (12-08-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Saw these guys on Motortrend / Velocity channel:

https://modmafia.com/

Out of Houston area.
25068 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77355

Last edited by 97FASTech; 12-09-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Picked it up from the shop. All is running well. Went ahead and did new glow plugs also. Along with all fluids, belts.
Now it is at my Guy for some upgrades. Can you say Train Horn lol Rock lights and other goodies.

I will say one thing- NOBOdy ever snuck up on AnyOne with these things on the battlefield I would imagine.
ICDEDPPL (12-15-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 495 Likes on 255 Posts

i had an 86 m1009 (blazer k5, j code 6.2) with 43 thousand miles in 2008 (kept for 4 years, now regret selling) It ran rough, then after all fluids filters, belts, batteries it ran rough, but all it needed was to run, believe i was putting some stuff out of a grey bottle in it, (injector cleaner).

by the time i got about 2 states west of cleveland it ran great, by the time i got into arizona it ran like a brand new engine or better,

no leaks, maybe it turned 1/4 revolution to start, idled beautifully ran awesome, driving thru the desert at night from rt66 to my place with the black out lights on was big fun. On level ground would go 75. Any incline tho and you'd be in slow lane getting passed by semi''s.

The desert rat hilljacks loved it and called it a kuk-vee (cucv cargo utility something or other vehicle)

tired of hearing that **** i cut a stencil out of a 12 pack carton of root beer of the quantas kangaroo and painted it on the lower left hand side of the tailgate in flat black. When people would say what years yer kuk- vee?
i'd reply by saying it's not a kuk-vee it was part of 42nd tank command stationed in north australia along with some tanks to train the aussie army guys in tank tactics with the abrams they bought off us and it was designated a hi-cam that stood for (hi combat army machine).

it would be like;
Wow i didn't know they did that.

yep ! Ya know how the dod pays for your way home after your hitch is up ?

yeah.

Well i bought this when i was down there and drove it home.

wow, yeah they run great i remember when we was.

Hey i hate to cut ya short but i got groceries in the back and ya know, no a/c, gotta keep the ice cream from melting, nice to meet ya buddy.

Me and the dog lived in that truck from april til july of 2009, pic is after i got the lot and threw a camper on it before power was run and the house went up, hence watching tv off an invertor wired into the truck.

Just run it, let it warm up and kick down/idle down and run it. There was a 12 volt kit very inexpensive and an a/c kit for the m1009 where 1 alternator gets removed for the compressor. Have to believe theres the same for the humvee

Last edited by outonsafari; 12-17-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Quinlan (12-20-2023)
Old 02-02-2024, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can’t say I have a lot of experience with the 6.2 hummers, but I’ve had my fair share of the 6.2 Chevy CUCV’s. At one point I purchased 13 Of them. Here’s a few things I learned about them through the years and as I’ve parted them out that may pertain to your hummer
-steelsoldiers.com has lots of good info

-watch out for the 24v electrical fire. I had one go up on me, and 3 of the trucks I bought had caught on fire. The only thing that’s 24v is the starting and charging system, rest of truck is 12v. They bleed off the extra 12v by 2 large resistors on the firewall. Watch for debris a crap sitting on them as they do put out some heat….and when they go bad…..she goes up in flames. Apparently these resistors are no longer available, if you end up needing one, hit me up, pretty sure I have a few sitting around

-starter, make sure the support bracket is on the front of the starter, it’s a beefy starter, and if it’s not on there the starter will work it’s way loose and crack the block at the mounting pad. Is a pita to work around but so is replacing the engine. Every time I’m under one of mine I makes sure the bolts are still snug

If ya have problems with the tires going flat, it’s probably the orings in the beadlocks. I’ve got the part # for the giant Orings for the 2 piece beadlocks our in my shop, I can get it for ya next time I think about it.

trailworthy fab sells all sorts of goodies for the beadlocks.

Good luck an have fun, carry a fire extinguisher and make sure you batteries are on a quick disconnect.

When my kids military k5 when up in flames, I was lucky I was right there with finger tight battery cables and unopened jumbo of beer. She started beltching smoke from under the hood, I jumped out, ripped the batt cables off, with a few quick shakes, I turned my jumbo of PBR into a hillbilly fire extinguisher.

RSCHAP1 (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great info. Thank you.

I have had it out a few times around town.
Now after it was sitting while I was on Vaca. The glow plug light wont come on and it just cranks and cranks. Hmmm