Notices

Any Golf cart gurus on here?

Old 07-16-2024, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 323 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Any Golf cart gurus on here?

Me and my good friend did some trading on some boat work and stuff and an engine I had for his boat on a golf cart.

It’s lifted with 23in tires on it.

It’s a ez go with the forward and reverse switch on the dash. ( not between legs)

Unsure of year of it.

Brand new batteries.

25-35 minutes of crusin aeound ( not fast ) the control box I guess it’s called with the towable switch on it under the passenger seat is getting hot to the touch and shutting it down. Let it sit for a little while it’s fine again for a little bit.

Is there something I need to do to help keep it cool? Or is there an upgrade?
Old 07-17-2024, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

87CigCafe,

I'm not a guru of any sort, but....

Can you gain access to the control box? Maybe pinpoint what component is actually getting hot?

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-18-2024, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you 100 % sure that the correct voltage batteries were installed on this unit ? I have worked on some that run on 36 volts, and some that are 48 volt systems.
Do you have access to a copy of the owners manual for it ? If so, that should tell you what were originally installed in it.
Have you asked the previous owner if he was aware of that issue when he owned it ?
I have found that a lot of these carts have been butchered along the way, so you will need to verify a lot of stuff to try and figure out what configuration you now own.