Ford - 6.0
32.70%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

looking for tow vehicle advise?

Old 10-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3DO,

Nice meeting you as well...Maximus is awesome!! We left our boat out in Havasu, but will probably bring it home in a couple of weeks. A catalina run would be fun.

Chris
Old 10-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered

Hey 26, you are right, at the rear wheels, and that is conservative. I will hold you to the sledding, I am ready when you are, 10 inches in Marquette already this year. My phone is 616-886-0077 so call me or PM me when ready. I'll meet you in Grayling or Lake City if you take 27.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I run a gmc with the duramax after owning a ford 7.3 stroker, the duramax is a little quiter inside and out, runs just as good when both are stock, fords pull a little better loaded, but chip them both and they run head to head. Would recommend the duramax and allison set up. I tow a 40 hustler w/ trips no prob and the truck is all stock. Only thing to do to the chevy/gmc's is change the receiver hitch to a titan hitch. check the gmc's, different front end and about same money. Also check the rebates, they were about 5,000 and then you can wittle from there. good luck
Old 10-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

The Edge is what I had in my GMC Duramax, and now in my Ford 6.0 litre . I found excellent results in both applications, at stage 3 @ 110hp/260tq very little smoke, very pleased. I still have that hesitation off the line and dropped it off today to get the computor reflashed and get the new rear end installed.

Does anyone know if I was suppose to disconnect the EDGE before the reflash, will that effect anything
Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jassman, You should have taken it out . They probably can't do the reflash. if they do it will not be right ...... Haveing chips or boxes on the truck ,sends back false readings to the scanner. If it is a good dealer , they will take it out for you and hand it to you . I hope !

The edge works pretty good . I do see higher exhaust temps with them then on my favorite . Also ,they are a little shy on the power . But thats OK , anything is better then stock ! Oh, wait , I just remembered , I got a call today from a guy with a dodge that cracked an exhaust manifold ! I told him NOT to use THAT box ....... Now he wants to pay me to fix it AND get him the right box !
Old 10-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitch, What type of intake mod you talkin ? And whats the "BB" turbo ? If you do all that , and it works , you better buy a performance trans !
Old 10-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boot, the dealer is cool, he allready knows about the EDGE, even gave him a ride in it. I will go and disconnect it in the A.M., if they got there program, this is Mississippi, we are still 10 years behind the times
So what programmer do you sell that is the best, and please dont tell me its Western Diesel. AND what other mods do you sell to make my truck slightly faster,thanks Jeff.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Calibration update survey, From Diesel stop . com RC-6, B27.9, hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just wanted to say thank you for all the valuable input. I never considered Dodge at all. I went to look at one and bought a left over 03 Dodge CTD HO with 6 speed manual trans, Laramie. So far I love the truck but it only has 70 miles on it yet.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Registered

Good going w/the manual tranny. The auto tranny can't handle the torque and towing requirements. So if you tow a lot, good choice

Quick Reply: looking for tow vehicle advise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.