32.70%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

looking for tow vehicle advise?

Old 02-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Q:Dodge Cummins....the best.

The Best Most Modifiable engine agreed!!! if they back it up with a bomb proof tranny that would be a package!! Dodge had the first up with the Allison trans(due to the affiliation with freight liner in the fl series) but they didn't think John Q Public would spend the money for the trans..) In stepped Chevy and the rest is history ....Daimler has the Money and the technology to fix the trany woes>> time will tell.. Have driven all 3 there all great trucks in there own rite... Have the same maint practices on all my trucks and driving styles.

It seams Chevy has stood up better but different trucks have there different woes . 6.0 liters have issues, dodge has trans issues and Chevy had injector pump issues W/stanadyne last series of trucks..there have been a few default issues with the Allison trans..when it sees a trouble code it goes to default(ie.full line pressure and no reverse aka. limp mode) will get you to service.. If you choose dodge go w/a manual trans that seems to take HP well and if you turn it up replace the stock clutch with a Kevlar disk... and you should be good to go!! good Luck!!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't post a vote due to my membership, but put me down for the Ford.... we have both the 02 7.3 and an 04 6.0, love them both, no issues with either. Had only ever owned Chevy's prior to these two....
Old 02-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Registered

I towed my 42 Sonic up here (Chicago) from Ft. Lauderdale with my Chevy Avalanche. Its got the 8.1L engine with a 4:10 rear end and it rocks. Without the boat attached its got a hole shot you can't believe. If I ever get a bigger boat, I'll be in the market for a dually with the Duramax/Allison combo.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:37 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by RJ1340
I ever get a bigger boat, I'll be in the market for a dually with the Duramax/Allison combo.
RJ, Get in touch with IKE (screen name) He may be selling his loaded up '02 3500 Dually Duramax/Allison!!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:49 AM
cliff

I worked for dodge for about 8 years on and off and international for a year and a half and would take the dodge over the ford any day. The new dodge has a new trans in it that has been designed by allison and dodge and is supposed to be the whip. I have seen alot of new dodges that get worked hard and have not had any failures. I have an 01 6speed and nothing stock can tow with me when you get to the hills.

Old 02-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is our new tow rig. It has the Durmax Allison set up. It also has a Jake Brake system . The front seats are buckets on a air ride setup. The total weight of the truck is 17,500. We tow a 42 Sonic with twin motors on a tri-axle Myco trailer.
Attached Thumbnails looking for tow vehicle advise?-pdrm1273.jpg  

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

Last edited by vagrant; 02-08-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Registered

BY REQUEST....
Attached Thumbnails looking for tow vehicle advise?-speed-changes.jpg  
Old 03-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Well, I guess that all the independent tests that put the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge together head to head must be wrong then....
Troutly,

I've noticed that a lot of people have tunnel vision or should I say tunnel hearing when it comes to those tests. If they don't see their truck in front the ignore them.

But facts are facts. The shootouts don't lie.

Buck
Old 03-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um I don't see Hummer as an option. Que pasa?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:33 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Wasabe
Um I don't see Hummer as an option. Que pasa?
You mean I can buy a new GMC, Ford or Dodge (in that order) and I can get a HUMMER as an option? SWEET!!

Where do I sign?

Quick Reply: looking for tow vehicle advise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.