Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation >

Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation

Notices

Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation

Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation

I have seen almost all of their bikes in person and thought that there I-Robot bike was one of the nicest I have ever seen from any builder,,, and the lincoln bike was also very nice..
Old 03-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by clearcut3
Some people seem to think these things are going out for sale to the general public though.
I wasn't flaming on any individual person in this thread and If it came out that way...sorry. Just general statements that came across in a different manner.
Ok, it was when you said that "some people seem to be too ignorant to understand what a theme bike is" that I thought you were implying that some people were too ignorant to understand what a theme bike is.

My point is not to call you out for calling people ignorant.

My point is that I honestly believe from reading the above posts and talking to friend that most people understand exactly what a theme bike is. They understand when parts from the actually Statue of Liberty go on a bike it is more of a collector piece than anything. I think that when they built the Dixie Chopper bike that most people understood that it was just for the Dixie Chopper folks (right down to the lawn mower engine.)

Your point is that people don't understand the promotional purpose of theme bikes.

My point is that people DO UNDERSTAND that the theme bikes are intended to serve a special marketing/promotional purpose for the folks that commission the theme bikes.

And with this understanding of the fact that theme bikes are built for special marketing/promotional purposes.... people are still entitled to decide whether a given theme bike suits their personal preferences for these special art pieces.

In fact, it is the extent that people understand that theme bikes are really more like art pieces than bikes that leads people to have strong opinions about aesthetics in regard to theme bikes.

Just because people don't like something doesn't mean that they don't know what they are looking at.

I appreciate your opinion and your thread.

My opinion is that with a full understanding of what a theme bike is, I still think that the Cat bike is ugly.
No hard feelings.

Respectfully,

Fund
Old 03-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Boy I hope warm weather gets hear quick, so we all can go boating!! The next thing you guys will start on is the Foutain vs Outerlimts

No maybe Cig. vs Apache

or Ford vs Chevy

and so on

Lighten up its Friday !!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Ok, it was when you said that "some people seem to be too ignorant to understand what a theme bike is" that I thought you were implying that some people were too ignorant to understand what a theme bike is.
Some people are...I didn't name anyone in this thread but still stand by the comment.

Your point is that people don't understand the promotional purpose of theme bikes.
Many people don't...some do

My point is that people DO UNDERSTAND that the theme bikes are intended to serve a special marketing/promotional purpose for the folks that commission the theme bikes.
While some do...I respectfully disagree...not all do.

And with this understanding of the fact that theme bikes are built for special marketing/promotional purposes.... people are still entitled to decide whether a given theme bike suits their personal preferences for these special art pieces.
I agree

I appreciate your opinion and your thread.

My opinion is that with a full understanding of what a theme bike is, I still think that the Cat bike is ugly.
No hard feelings.

Respectfully,

Fund
No hard feelings at all...life's to short to give a chit
Old 03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it looks just like a motorcycle that cat would build if they built choppers, and isn't that the point? most of cat's stuff is fugly... but functional...
Old 03-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by clearcut3
No hard feelings at all...life's to short to give a chit
That's cool.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered

I used to work in my spare time with H&L Motors, the company that builds their high line motors. They had a shop in my town and since have moved about 60 miles from me now. I know their motors are top grade stuff. As far as some of the theme bikes, i like some, and some i don't. To me the show is just a goof. I myself prefer to take a stock Harley and customize it. There is nothing like having a Harley title when you go to sell it. The market is flooded with custom bikes and builders. I am currently doing a 2005 HD nightrain. I'll post some pics of the progress. I purchased the bike Feb 5th. and just a back wheel from completion.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered

I'll try from start to where it is now........
Attached Thumbnails Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation-dsc00034.jpg-2.jpg   Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation-dsc00037.jpg-2.jpg  
Old 03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered

A few more...
Attached Thumbnails Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation-dsc00044.jpg-2.jpg   Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation-dsc00048.jpg-2.jpg   Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation-dsc00068.jpg-2.jpg  

Old 03-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Registered

Now if Perfoemance Machine will just send me my back Wheel..........

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak: Orange County Choppers new creation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.