Poker Run Rides Offered and Requested >

Poker Run Rides Offered and Requested

Notices

Poker Run Rides Offered and Requested

Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Poker Run Rides Offered and Requested

Velocity owners often ask me to help "match-make" Captains and Crew for Poker Runs that they are interested in and I do the best I can. I think this forum presents an excellent opportunity to hook up Velocity captains looking to add crew with fellow Velocity owners who would like to ride as a crew member. For example, wouldn't it be great if there could be reciprocal ride arrangements at the major events in Florida with the other parts of USA/Canada?

Toward that end I'd like to propose that we use this forum/thread as a mechanism to offer available Poker Run rides or to request a ride for a specific event. I think the postings might work like this:

1. One ride offered at Poker Run xxx on 4/x/06. The cost of the additional ticket is $y. The crew member will share in paying for:

2. One ride requested at Poker Run yyy on 5/x/06. Will help with expenses including: (example entry fee, fuel etc.)

What does everyone think?

Rick Engstrom
President Velocity Owners Group
Old 02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Poker Run Rides Offered and Requested

That's a great idea. I'm allways willing to give anyone a ride if needed. This way both the captin and the crew member make out on the deal.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Good Idea,i just shake my head when i see a hotboat with one person in it and 100 on the dock!!! tripps
Old 02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

When I offer rides, I expect nothing in return but the courtesy of being courteous to the boat. No shoes, etc. I will always offer a willing buyer of a Velocity a ride with respect to the factory and the wonderful people who provide us with all of our support. If I can help anyone make a decision on the purchase of a Velocity on purely the ride and assoication of one of our members of the Velocity Owners Group, then I am more than proud to produce. If they want to ride in a poker run event and there is a fee, then I agree, that they should pay for their participation.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steet
When I offer rides, I expect nothing in return but the courtesy of being courteous to the boat. No shoes, etc. I will always offer a willing buyer of a Velocity a ride with respect to the factory and the wonderful people who provide us with all of our support. If I can help anyone make a decision on the purchase of a Velocity on purely the ride and assoication of one of our members of the Velocity Owners Group, then I am more than proud to produce. If they want to ride in a poker run event and there is a fee, then I agree, that they should pay for their participation.
and i have been lucky enough to be the recipient of some of those rides thanks Steve and Cat
Old 02-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great idea, Rick! We'd love to make some of the runs on the east coast, but that's a hard pull from Galveston for a weekend.

But I'll probably have to send a pic of my wife, or nobody will let me ride... story of my life!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys! It should be a very active 2006 Poker Run season for Velocity. In Miami next week they'll be debuting a special factory boat for campaigning on the circuit. They also sold a boat to a friend of mine who averages about 12 runs a year! I really think it's going to be a banner year and it's all that much better if we can fill up the boats with Velocity Owner crews. I've met a lot of great Velocity owners, like Steet, who are willing to include others in the fun. I think this is really going work!

Rick