Arneson Drive on Velocity 22 >

Arneson Drive on Velocity 22

Notices

Arneson Drive on Velocity 22

Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson Drive on Velocity 22

I am thinking of putting an Arneson drive on my Velocity 22. Has anybody done this yet?

John
Old 09-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Arneson Drive on Velocity 22

While I've heard that transmissions have been fitted into the 22' engine compartment - I would guess they came from the factory with a different gas tank location to allow the engine to mount more forward. I think retro fitting an arneson drive would be major science project - if even possible.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Registered

i m starting an install on a 280 next week, should be good.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't arneson make a bravo conversion kit that doesn't move the engine forward?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova
Doesn't arneson make a bravo conversion kit that doesn't move the engine forward?
Frank - I think you're right on the external tranny. The next concern I'd have would be hanging an extension box (with tranny inside) and then the drive off of a 22' hull. That's a lot of weight levered off the back of the hull. I also have a 22' (older one) and its lay up is very light so some transom reinforcement would be required. You'd also have to question the revised center of gravity of the hull and what impact that would have on handling. The extra lift of the Arneson may help the balance but then again the set-up just might not work. At minumum I'd talk to Steve Stepp before going too far on this. Also, I heard the Arneson (with inside tranny) worked well on the 26'. In any case, I hope the projects are successful!

Rick
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Frank - I think you're right on the external tranny. The next concern I'd have would be hanging an extension box (with tranny inside) and then the drive off of a 22' hull. That's a lot of weight levered off the back of the hull. I also have a 22' (older one) and its lay up is very light so some transom reinforcement would be required. You'd also have to question the revised center of gravity of the hull and what impact that would have on handling. The extra lift of the Arneson may help the balance but then again the set-up just might not work. At minumum I'd talk to Steve Stepp before going too far on this. Also, I heard the Arneson (with inside tranny) worked well on the 26'. In any case, I hope the projects are successful!

Rick
If the transom is strong enough for the current outdrive it will be strong enough for the Arneson.

There is not that much of a difference in weight between the two and as you noted it would be beneficial to the cg of the boat.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Is this a newer 22 or and vintage one? Do you have the drive?
It seems like big bucks to sink into a 22. If you're looking for the high X dimension you could pick a blackhawk...cheep. They had there issues but they were mostly related to heavy hulls. This would help with the weight issue.

my 22 was pretty fast with a 400hp outboard and the prop even with pad.

I'd love to see a 600hp small block with a high X level....Hold for dear life

good luck with the project keep us posted on it.

steve
Old 09-10-2006, 01:19 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

check out the little donzi w/ the arneson. That should be a gold mine of info on your project. That guy posts on OSO but i cannot think of his name. What about a pulse drive...much more friendly if you ask me, and they have several small single engine applications documented on their website.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Registered

It's an 88 that has had the stringers reworked. It has a 7.4L 330hp Merc. I may put an LS2 smallblock in. I am getting the drive used so i'm not too deep into it. As far as CG, It may move it a half inch back, but a 200lb pax will bring the CG foward again.

Rik. How much is a Bravo box?

John
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Boyz From Arneson Know The Guy With The Donzi. Their Are Some Photos Of The Boat In Screamandfly Along With Some Vids

Quick Reply: Arneson Drive on Velocity 22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.