Making Progress! >

Making Progress!

Notices

Making Progress!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that paint or gelcoat in the bilge?[/QUOTE]

That picture is actually primer, still wet. I have paint on it now and it looks really good.

Thanks guys, I will keep you posted!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I am ready to do all of the glass work,we found a couple of other things that needed to be adressed while we were in there as well as some major changes where the hull and deck come together.weshould be done with the glass and be ready for paint in a week or so.Your project is looking ggod.Talk to ya soon.

Hey Bill,

So what's up with the hull/deck joint? Hope the project is working out for you.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm with nobody
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Vicious22
hey a michigan guy....you gotta show up more.

where is kazoo? I've been plannin a trip up north for a while I just can't put it to gether this year.

I think the VOG should plan a trip to lake MI

any takers?

It's actually Kalamazoo (in southwest MI). I'd love it if there was a trip planned on the Big Lake. It's been suggested in the past but not many takers.

Sorry for the hyjackin

KRUM

Last edited by nadledvinka; 05-01-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dean,
What kind of paint did you use I am going to use Imron 5000.PS I will do Michigan if everyone wants to do that I just need enough notice.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Bill, I just used standard white Bilgecoat. I have heard good and bad about it. I just didn't have a place to use the Imron inside. Have used it on cars years back and the fumes are pretty harsh. I would have liked to have used imron though! All in all it turned out pretty decent, hopefully it holds up.

Dwayne
Old 05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

Made a little more progress today. Got the motor sat down in the boat but was rained out. Didn't get much more done. I need to address the carb angle though. Intake must be for a cruiser that never gets on plane!!!! Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Making Progress!-dscn0335.jpg   Making Progress!-dscn0336.jpg   Making Progress!-dscn0333.jpg  

Old 05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Made a little more progress today. Got the motor sat down in the boat but was rained out. Didn't get much more done. I need to address the carb angle though. Intake must be for a cruiser that never gets on plane!!!! Here are a few pics.
Clean looking install. The transom asmy needs a little touching up and the panel infront of the pulleys need paint.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Registered

Thanks Strip, the panel was a test fit before resin and paint. Will work on the transom assy when I am done making new dust!! Have wiped it down ten times!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Thanks Strip, the panel was a test fit before resin and paint. Will work on the transom assy when I am done making new dust!! Have wiped it down ten times!
You going to put a scoop on it? My Scarab I had to add height to the scoop for the blower but you counld cut one down because you only need a little clearance for the flame arestor.Keep us posted

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Strip, I plan on raising the center of the hatch as time permits. I just want to splash this thing first. There are some unknowns with the boat, but thats to be expected when you buy a boat with a blown motor! Thanks again, I will get some more pics soon!

Quick Reply: Making Progress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.