Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Whats a T-bred kevlar hull weigh? >

Whats a T-bred kevlar hull weigh?

Notices

Whats a T-bred kevlar hull weigh?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Yep It has Deleware tags on the trailer a myco. Gaberdeen yhe boat appears to be 25' 11" rough measurement. I boat the boat off of boat trader. THe boat was on lake lanier.Hyper WAs this yours once . I got the merc prop catalog it was in. Rebuilt the motors to 280 specs. What was the boat running if/when you had it?Thanks for any info.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Hyper how do you like yhe 32? Does it have outboards, I saw a 32 with trip 280s' a year or so ago.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Bullit,the boat belonged to a friend of mine and he ran the boat for many years and the boat ran very strong,right around 90 if I remember correctly,look back were the porta bracket attaches he was having some issues back there as well as were the transom and top deck join he had it repaired once several years ago.
I love my 320 Velocity even though I had some transom issues that kind of made me mad but OH well what are you going to do.The 320 that I have is like an oversized 22 with alot of horse power in it and to this day I have not seen another boat of the same size run with it in the smooth or the ruff.It is a fun boat to run fast or slow and I am contemplating selling it and going to a 390 or 41,we will see how that all goes.Are you coming to Velocity fest.
Bill
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bulletbob,

the boat does about 84mph, but i have'nt seen that as yet, high 70's for my self, the motors are 200's with 2.4 carbs, as far as props, 26pitch 3 blade cleavers.. apperantly the boat was once raced by Art Lilly..

Last edited by qaberdeen; 06-28-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Registered

Hyper the boat does run strong. The acceleration is what sold me. With the 280s' the boat jumps on plane and rockets to around 6000 rpm then I need some chop to free up the hull. I knew the boat was running in the high eightys' easy. I need more seat time to really learn how to drive the boat at speed. I won't be able to make velocity fest. Trailer problems. I wish I had known about the meet on Norman,but, have friends coming over for the weekend.The repairs to the transom and deck seem to be holding/ I have noticed stress cracks on the back corners of the deck. I can tolerate that for now.Is the previous owner a member of this site I would like to ask him some questions. Thanks for the info and let me know if any of you are getting together at Norman later in the summer I would like to see some more Velocitys and talk to some owners.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Bullet my emailis [email protected] i have a fe pics of mine also if you want to see them
Old 06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bullet, I will be down on lake norman the weekend of August 18th for the annual "shake the Lake" party they have. If you can make it, we can raft up and I would be glad to talk Velocity with you.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Sick stinger I am sending the pics now. I would like to see some photos of your boat also, interior, engine etc. I don't have any current pics of the interior but will get some this weekend.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Hyper1 what is a wet transom?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A wet transom is when it is not sealed properly from the factory and water gets between the inner fiferglass and the outer Gel coat and rots the wood inside and causes the transom to flex big time and I hope before you bought your new Hot Rod boat you had it surveyed and checked for moisture with a moisture meter if not you might have a problem that you are not aware of like so many others have expeienced including myself. I hope that explains what a wet transom is,push on your transom from the inside as well as the outside and make sure you do not have any movement,if you do you are fuc***. Check it out and let me know what you find out,hopefully you are OK.

Quick Reply: Whats a T-bred kevlar hull weigh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.