Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
What has happen? >

What has happen?

Notices

What has happen?

Old 09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any flaws in the 99's that I should be aware of? This is only my third boat purchase so any suggestions would be great. I will have a survey done before purchase so I will have that peace of mind.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I bought my 320 new in 1998 and never had any issues worth mentioning with it and there's very little difference if any between those two model years. The boat you're looking at is now 8 years old so you'll need to go though it carefully and it would be best to get it surveyed. At least question anything that doesn't look factory original.

Good luck and I think the 320 with 454MPI's is a great choice for your intentions.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by wet_rat
Any flaws in the 99's that I should be aware of? This is only my third boat purchase so any suggestions would be great. I will have a survey done before purchase so I will have that peace of mind.

As an honest piece of advise, make sure your surveyor is aware of the water issues with many Velocities, specificaly in the transom and stringer areas, and checks this out very throughly. Spend some time going thru the threads here to bring yourself up to speed on these issues. Not trying to rain on the parade, just offering up a word of caution.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
As an honest piece of advise, make sure your surveyor is aware of the water issues with many Velocities, specificaly in the transom and stringer areas, and checks this out very throughly. Spend some time going thru the threads here to bring yourself up to speed on these issues. Not trying to rain on the parade, just offering up a word of caution.

Or just check to make sure the transom assy's have not been on and off without someone sealing them properly on the re-install.

Hey Ragged, how's that Fountain runnin?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wet_rat
Thanks for the link. The '99 I have found is $20K less so I feel like I have found a decent deal also. I really like your boat though. Good luck with the sale.
Good luck on the 99 hope she works out for you.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLOWN85
I looked for 5 months for a 32 without any luck. I buy a 28 2 weeks ago and yours comes up for sale....go figure!!!!! Bump for a very nice boat!
Blown, sounds like your luck is as good as mine, I found the perfect 320 and now have to go over seas in JAN. I guess I can store her if I can't find a buyer and enjoy it when i return.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Or just check to make sure the transom assy's have not been on and off without someone sealing them properly on the re-install.

Hey Ragged, how's that Fountain runnin?

Running like a champ, and heading down the road later this morning with her new owner. Have to leave soon for the marina to meet the new owner and finish up the transfer. Then it's time to find the next one. Naturally another Fountain , just hope to find another as perfect as this one is. Not sure if this is the start of a great new adventure, or a royal PIA. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered

Running like a champ, and heading down the road later this morning with her new owner. Have to leave soon for the marina to meet the new owner and finish up the transfer. Then it's time to find the next one. Naturally another Fountain , just hope to find another as perfect as this one is. Not sure if this is the start of a great new adventure, or a royal PIA. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Good luck with the sale and purchase of your Fountains! Oh by the way, don't forget to check that the deck and hull are sealed together at the transom, I hear they tend to sink at random!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Wet Rat the only thing I personally had a problem with was the wet transom but I can assure you of one thing,I love how the boat runs in all water conditions and it is a blast to operate and it is even more fun to spank some peoples butts in all kinds of water conditions.Take a ride in one with someone who knows how to run one,I do believe Tom/AKA Velocity Tom is not to far from you and he knows how to run the boats and he will show you how they perform or if you wait I think my boat will be going to Key West for the world championships in Nov and I will show you first hand and then you can make your decision,
Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

RaggedEdge--I have read all of the threads that you have included input in. I appreciate the input, I will surely pay close attention to the transom. The present owner is the second owner of the boat and seems to be maticulous but maticuluos doesn't always account for poor craftmanship

Quick Reply: What has happen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.