What has happen? >

What has happen?

Notices

What has happen?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has happen?

I have been looking at Velocity's for about 6 months now. I have found a '99 320 that is right in my price range. I have just read through ALOT of the threads talking about the 320's and there handling issues. This particular 320 has the original 454 MPI's with bravo 1's. After what I have read I almost feel talked right out of buying the boat. I don't see motor upgrades as an option, almost makes me want to look elsewhere. Convince me otherwise fellas!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Check with 1Hyper1!! He could give you some good info on the 320! I heard his runs 100 or so! My brother also has one with a single eng. and runs in the low 70's. STAYS on the pad without any handling issues. You have to drive all Velocity's when they are on the pad, but that is a whole different story!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

The handling doesn't get quirky until 85+ and you'll be fine with a 454 MPI. While more power is always nicer, a 454 MPI is perfectly fine. Don't be overly concerned about the "balancing on the pad talk" as conditions have to be conducive for this anyway. Yes you'll need to be conscience of tab settings but you won't find a faster, sharper turning boat in its size. Hopefully, the guy that gives you a test drive can show you how to drive it properly and then YOU can make up YOUR own mind about the boat. The 320 was in production for about 10 model years - take that as a good sign.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The 320 is a great boat and I will put it up against any other brand in all water conditions.The boat is a drivers boat as all Velocitys are,but as Rick pointed out with the boat you are looking at,it will be a good all around package that is reliable and that is worth its weight in gold.Where are you from,if you are not to far come to Delaware and I will be more than happy to take you for a ride and show you how the boat runs and then you can form your own opinion after that and I think you will be impresseed.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if I can help, I have to sell my 2003 320. I might get you close to 1999 price. Check it out.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18619-en.html
Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Let me know if I can help, I have to sell my 2003 320. I might get you close to 1999 price. Check it out.

Nice price! I wish I was looking
Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Registered

I looked for 5 months for a 32 without any luck. I buy a 28 2 weeks ago and yours comes up for sale....go figure!!!!! Bump for a very nice boat!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector

Thanks for the link. The '99 I have found is $20K less so I feel like I have found a decent deal also. I really like your boat though. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
The 320 is a great boat and I will put it up against any other brand in all water conditions.The boat is a drivers boat as all Velocitys are,but as Rick pointed out with the boat you are looking at,it will be a good all around package that is reliable and that is worth its weight in gold.Where are you from,if you are not to far come to Delaware and I will be more than happy to take you for a ride and show you how the boat runs and then you can form your own opinion after that and I think you will be impresseed.
I have read ALOT of the threads you have responded to regarding the 320, that's actually where my fear stems from. Most of my boating will be intercoastal but I do anticipate some rough water outings when I make runs to the keys. I am not near Delaware or I would be all over your invitation, ecspecially if it includes. I will be water testing the boat early next week, please let me know of any suggestions you may have that I should be aware of during my water test. Thanks for your response.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Revelocity
The handling doesn't get quirky until 85+ and you'll be fine with a 454 MPI. While more power is always nicer, a 454 MPI is perfectly fine. Don't be overly concerned about the "balancing on the pad talk" as conditions have to be conducive for this anyway. Yes you'll need to be conscience of tab settings but you won't find a faster, sharper turning boat in its size. Hopefully, the guy that gives you a test drive can show you how to drive it properly and then YOU can make up YOUR own mind about the boat. The 320 was in production for about 10 model years - take that as a good sign.
The particular one I am looking at has twin MPI's, only upgrades I am aware of is Stainless exhaust, otherwise the motors are stock. I think being that a 32 is the largest boat I have owned that twin stock MPI's would be fine for a couple years. Most of my boating is cruising being that it is on the intracostal and conditions are not condusive for WOT boating anyway. Thanks for your input, hope to become part of the velocity crew soon.

Quick Reply: What has happen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.