Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Velocity Owners News >

Velocity Owners News

Notices

Velocity Owners News

Old 11-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, Oh Deere i as well would like the run down on the boat I know the 322 is the old 30 bottom and not sure of the wieght. I know i'm not propped accordingly. (working on that as we speak ) But steve thought i should be closer to 80 then Low 70's The only problem i have is i have a #5. Not alot of props i can try local. Sweet ride and hopefully we can catch up next year at one of the rally's. Curt
Old 11-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Peter thanks for telling the truth and stopping the I dont want to believe rumors.PS I saw the new HOT ROD man that thing looks SWEET,good luck,I just wish my phone rang a few weeks ago about the old one,we will talk soon but until then,take care and stay warm.
Bill

The truth usually speaks for itself. Way to many wannabe experts offering up comments, without knowing where of they speak.

Thanks for the complement. Now I did offer you the chance at the last Fountain, and I can put you on the list for this one.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
The truth usually speaks for itself. Way to many wannabe experts offering up comments, without knowing where of they speak.

Thanks for the complement. Now I did offer you the chance at the last Fountain, and I can put you on the list for this one.

Peter, I can dig back into the dirt pile if you would like. I CAN DIG SOME DIRT!!! I have chosen to let it go, BUT can be easily instigated. Oh, the good thing, there is not any DIRT on me!

We can all just let it go or keep going, It is your choice. So before you start calling someone a "WANNABE" expert you should know who you are talking about and just how much that person knows about the situation at hand. Go ahead back to the Fountain site and lets get back to the fun stuff!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Hyper: The ratio is 1:50. the tough thing with props has been that Merc was not producing 5 blades in the pitch range that I have needed. Most of the cleavers have been for twins, which in most cases are a higher pitch.

SS32: I have a 30"x17" cleaver 5 blade you could try, if you have the hub to fit your shaft. Is the shaft above or below the bottom of the boat? If it is to high, I believe they do make spaces in 1" increments for the #5.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh Deere,what in stead of going with such a big wheel,what if you dropped down the ratio and then you might have a better selection of props to choose from,that prop that you are spinning is a serious piece of hardware and they do not come cheap,just curious if the gear change has been tried.PS thanks for sharing it is interesting to see someone else trying to to find the perfect set up,keep us posted.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Thanks For the offer OH DEERE . I have a feeling that thier is no way i could spin that. My boat is, i'm sure heavier then yours plus the 322 is a faster bottom. I have a 670 horse EXPRESS ENGINES #5 spinning a 18x26 that has been cleaned up a time or 2. GPS 73.5 mph. I have alot of work ahead of me as far as set up and also i'm not sure if i'll add boost or run it one more summer . I just ordered a newboat trailer so might have to wait a year for the money tree to blossom again LOL. Curt
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Yes, I already have the 1" spacer on the drive.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey Single do you like the single engine 322 im looking for one
Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Hey Single do you like the single engine 322 im looking for one
That is the one you and I have been talking about! SS32 is my brother. It is an older 320.

Last edited by DKerns; 11-18-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Sting,Curts boat is a 320 with a single not a 322,the 322 is the 30 mold redone.I am partial to the 320 I guess because I own one but the 322 is a nice boat.The 322 is a true 30 foot boat and was designed to be just that,the 320 is a boat made out of the 41 mold by being dammed off and laid up and that is why it is so much of a drivers boat because it is running on a very shot pad unlike the 322.The 322 is a very well balanced boat like the 280 is,so if you want to buy a 322,it is gonna have to be new because I have not seen a used one for sale yet.Good luck

Quick Reply: Velocity Owners News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.