Stelling Boxes on a 320

Notices

Stelling Boxes on a 320

Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revelocity
I spoke to Steve on this also a while ago and while ultimate top speed wouldn't change - you would be able to go faster in most water conditions due to the better handling. Longer trim tabs help the 320 as well.

I would NOT recommend going with the shorter drive on the 320 as you'll need 5 blade props to hook up which will likely give you more stern lift then you'd like (plus be harder on your standard Bravo drive). This will be especially noticable if you power with 500's and run larger pitch props.
I wish I had 320's can I extend the 220's with an attachment of some sort?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Dude you need to ride in my boat,it is like an out of control missle,its like CONTROLLED CHAOS.
I will be looking forward to some of that. I'm not scared of it, I will wear one of those depends incase I crap my pants.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I believe Eddie Marine (and/or Dana Marine) manufacture a longer tab that can be retro-fitted to your existing K-plane mounts. As Hyper said, this may be the way to go opposed to experimenting with the Stellings yourself. On the other hand, it makes very good sense to ship the boat to Sanford to have Steve set it up considering all the components you're intending to swap. PS - you're definitely going to need larger pitch props then what you're getting.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Revelocity
I believe Eddie Marine (and/or Dana Marine) manufacture a longer tab that can be retro-fitted to your existing K-plane mounts. As Hyper said, this may be the way to go opposed to experimenting with the Stellings yourself. On the other hand, it makes very good sense to ship the boat to Sanford to have Steve set it up considering all the components you're intending to swap. PS - you're definitely going to need larger pitch props then what you're getting.
I have 30P four B bravo one props that were at 5000 with the 496's Those 5 blds would work perfect with the 496's, He has a 38 fasttech 11,500# boat. I'm thinking the same thing you are Rev. no pun intended.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

V V You do not have to buy new tabs I will send you photos of mine and you can duplicate them.You take the existing tab and have a plate machined and you attach the plate to the 280 tab you have and it works perfectly,it is longer and wider and you do not have to use as much tab.I will get you photos.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector

VV,
Talk to Hyper about what I did to the tabs on his 32 when I owned it. I had some billet aluminum plates made up for the bottom, drilled the tabs, threaded the plates and bolted them on, made a big difference. I'll look around first of the week, I might still have the templates that I made. You just need to be carefull when you size them, they don't play well with the props. If I don't have the templates Hyper could trace out what I did and send it to you. The tabs on my old 32 were mounted flat, not on the angle of the hull, that helps with the chine walk as well.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Arrow

I know you know what K-planes look like, mine are mounted with the angle of the boat hull. I sure would like some pic. of the extentions. She dances at 80 mph but I'm thinking after 90 mph it will stop. Kinda like when the space shuttle reaches outerspace it gets real quiet.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 04-13-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I wonder how rocker plates work.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

As Pete said he made the origional plate extensions,I had my machinist change the design a little but every thing you do on the 320 will make a noticable difference.I disagree with Rick about sending the boat to Steve Stepp on the set up,because if he did his homework origionally we would not be having this discussion.There are a GROUP OF US THAT have done the R & D on this hull and know what works and what does not work and I for one will share it with you.PM me with your info and PH # And I will call you.Bill
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Just sign up with EXCESS ENERGY for a VELOCITY driving session LOL he's had a couple of the wildest set up velocities and could run in the bay with all the big boys !!!! just drive it. If you don't like it, sell it and move on.V V i think you would be happy with your 320 out on any lake out your way. Our guys deal with big water and tons of cross wakes and such and its real difficult for them to run a 100 mph everyday. So like you stated 90 MPH give or take, its a safe boat to drive if you figure out your own limits. Be safe and enjoy. Curt

Quick Reply: Stelling Boxes on a 320

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.