Stelling Boxes on a 320

Notices

Stelling Boxes on a 320

Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
If I spin my blades out it settles the boat down alot and I loose a little up top but it is much more stable,also I do not use the Hydromotives unless I just want the acceleration and not the best all around performance.
Hyper, I found out: I'm an inny and your an outy!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Now if I wanted to experiment with them out just swap them, Or would that make me go backwards really fast?

Yes it will.

The easy way to try the opposite rotation is to just switch the props, BUT you will then have to shift into reverse to go foreward, and foreward to go backwards. It can get a little confusing around the dock but works for a trial deal, once you decide which way you want it you switch the cables around and you're good to go.

Little tip here, you need to get some flappers on those exhaust tips, you go too fast backwards and your motors are going to get an internal hose down. Even if you have the internal ones you should have the externals as well.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-13-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Just wanted to share a thought about the "R&D" comments. You two(R.E. and Hyper) have done some things on the 320 to "settle it down" and do deserve credit for it. As far as Velocity not doing the homework on the 320 I am a bit confused. I don't know of any 320 that came out of the factory with big power in it???? I feel the 320 has done everything that they were intended to do with the stock Merc. or Volvo Penta power they left the factory with. Again, I am not trying to stir the pot!!!!

VV, It will take patience on your end with the higher speeds. From what I hear you will need seat time. And last but not least what works for their 320 and driving style may not work for your 320 and driving style. Good Luck!
R & D on a 320 HMMMMMMMMM,Things that make you go.Look the 320 is different than all other boats,it requires power to stay on the pad.It has a very short pad fot its size and what do you expect when you make a boat from a mold that was designed to be a bigger boat and you make it shorter.What it boils down to is it likes power and it can be a hand full but I enjoy it and I can tell you there is nothing like putting it on a 500.000.00 Fountain in my little Velocity.Sorry Pete,but it does feel good.Some day I would like Steve Stepp to put some serious power and set it up properly and see what one of his hulls can really do,because steps are for kids and pads are for,well use your imagination .
Old 04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

Hyper, I found out: I'm an inny and your an outy!
I go innie or outie,slower and faster it just depends on what we are doing that day.;
Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I go innie or outie,slower and faster it just depends on what we are doing that day.;
"In and out," & "In and out," "Daddy's got squeez box," "Momma never sleeps at night"

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 04-14-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL Thats it VV Have fun and try it. I rode in a newer 320 with stock Ho's and dude was running it 75 mph like he was out on a sunday cruise. A performance boat is ment to be driven.Get the wife a weekend away at the spa and take that thing out and try some different things. What works on your boat won't neccessarily work on others. so many variations with bottoms and Drive heights and all. Clevers and round ears (props)keep us posted.Curt
Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered

"In and out," & "In and out," "Daddy's got squeez box," "Momma never sleeps at night"
Old 04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I bought a set of 28" k-plane plates for my 280's. See what that does.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

steps are for kids and pads are for,well use your imagination .

Females once a month?

Old men with bladder control problems?

Sorry Bill, but Fountains are pad bottom boats, notched transom too, the steps (only one p), they're just the icing on the cake. I've read the Stepp on steps lecture, and in my opinion it's self serving BS. Unless you been picking on the Express Cruisers, there ain't no way you're puttin' it on a half million dollar Fountain, that kind of money will buy some real serious hardware.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ragged, whats even better is when a 22 with a "little Johnson" hanging off the back can put it on some of the big "F"ountains!!!!

By the way, the water conditions were in there favor!!!

Quick Reply: Stelling Boxes on a 320

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.