Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Anyone got a Velocity 22 center console? >

Anyone got a Velocity 22 center console?

Notices

Anyone got a Velocity 22 center console?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Velocity 22 center console?

http://www.velocityboats.com/220CC.html

Worth the 2 hour drive to go look at them? Never seen one in person, but on the website looks pretty nice. They say 75 mph with a 300XS and what I really like is the 5 mpg at 50 mph. Nice cruise numbers and would make a great bay boat for Tampa Bay. Thanks for any input you may have on them and don't hold back. Let me hear the good and the bad. Also I would be ordering a new boat. Just wondering what is going to happen with the company since I heard that it is for sale. Thanks Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
http://www.velocityboats.com/220CC.html

Worth the 2 hour drive to go look at them? Never seen one in person, but on the website looks pretty nice. They say 75 mph with a 300XS and what I really like is the 5 mpg at 50 mph. Nice cruise numbers and would make a great bay boat for Tampa Bay. Thanks for any input you may have on them and don't hold back. Let me hear the good and the bad. Also I would be ordering a new boat. Just wondering what is going to happen with the company since I heard that it is for sale. Thanks Mike
I guess they have not sold many?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I guess they have not sold many?
I don't know numbers, but I am sure they have sold quite a few of them. The 22 hull is a very fast, efficient hull and a ton of fun in its standard configuration. Sorry I can't speak for the CC version! I would make the trip!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DKerns
I don't know numbers, but I am sure they have sold quite a few of them. The 22 hull is a very fast, efficient hull and a ton of fun in its standard configuration. Sorry I can't speak for the CC version! I would make the trip!!
Thanks for responding. So I see that you have a 22, what kind of power do you have? I am think that the hulls are the same just different decks on them. What kind of speeds does your boat go? Does it want to chinewalk at high speeds? I would be putting a 300 or the new 350 verado on it. I will make the trip and check them out. Mike
Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

I had a 22' CC back in '86. It was one of the first ones built and ran great. Out ran most 30' Scarabs (most had twin 200's back then) The Velocity came with a 200 Merc that I changed out to a V8 Johnson 300hp after the first year.
Only problem I had was after 6 or 7 years developed a few soft spots in the floor.
To make it a better fish boat it needed a live well and better fish box. This may have been addressed in the newer models.
A nice light boat easy to trailer and ran about 80.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FlashPRace
I had a 22' CC back in '86. It was one of the first ones built and ran great. Out ran most 30' Scarabs (most had twin 200's back then) The Velocity came with a 200 Merc that I changed out to a V8 Johnson 300hp after the first year.
Only problem I had was after 6 or 7 years developed a few soft spots in the floor.
To make it a better fish boat it needed a live well and better fish box. This may have been addressed in the newer models.
A nice light boat easy to trailer and ran about 80.
I am hoping that they have learned and have built a better product in relation to the soft spots. Was is ass heavy with the v8 on it?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered

I just saw the 22' on display in New Smyrna Beach. Seemed like a really nice boat.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by florida gator
I just saw the 22' on display in New Smyrna Beach. Seemed like a really nice boat.

Thanks, I have not seen one in person yet. Did you climb on the boat and look around on it or just walk by it?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

Did not climb on but, I did look it over pretty good. It had a really cool collapsible t-top
Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by florida gator
Did not climb on but, I did look it over pretty good. It had a really cool collapsible t-top
I have seen some pictures of the t-top, I wonder if it is flimsy being that it can collapse.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a Velocity 22 center console?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.