Notices

Tips to sell 2002 VR-1

Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips to sell 2002 VR-1

I've had my 2002 VR-1 listed in the classifieds for basically a year now:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17026-en.html

What do I need to do to move it? I've lowered the price down to $59,999, which I think is a good price. Do I need to go lower? Where else should I advertise? Boattrader?

I haven't been too concerned about selling it unless I could get a good price for it, but now I'm buying a house and really need to raise some cash.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had good luck with ebay and a no reserve auction, you can end the auction with no less than 12 hrs. before it is over on a no reserve auction. If it is not where you want it you can end the auction early. In the auction state " the boat is for sale locally and you reserve the right to end the auction at any time". Put your phone number in the add. If you end the auction early and your phone number is not in the add, there is no way anyone can contact you. If someone is truly intrested they will call you and then you can maybe make a deal on the phone. No where else can you get the exposure ebay delivers. A no reserve auction drives people crazy and they hate to loose. I sold a ebbtide deck boat and made 6K in a 2 week turn-around. I have a good standing with ebay and around 600 100% feedback with them. If you would like and not familiar with ebay, I will run the add under my account for you if you pay the fee's shouldn't be over a $100.00 in a nice add. VV

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 07-17-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a tough market with $4.50 per gal gas.
I've thought about putting my boat up for sale even though I've only driven it twice.
To answer your question, I'd try Boattrader.com.
That is where I sold my last 3 boats...
Good Luck
Old 07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i've sold my last 3 thru powerboatlistings.com....huge overseas exposure. my 30 spectre went to florida, and my twin small block 29 scarab went to finland. my buddy just got a $20k deposit wired to him from a buyer in Great Britain for the sale of a 38 scarab http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21824-en.html
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm with nobody
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I have had good luck with ebay and a no reserve auction, you can end the auction with no less than 12 hrs. before it is over on a no reserve auction. If it is not where you want it you can end the auction early. In the auction state " the boat is for sale locally and you reserve the right to end the auction at any time". Put your phone number in the add. If you end the auction early and your phone number is not in the add, there is no way anyone can contact you. If someone is truly intrested they will call you and then you can maybe make a deal on the phone. No where else can you get the exposure ebay delivers. A no reserve auction drives people crazy and they hate to loose. I sold a ebbtide deck boat and made 6K in a 2 week turn-around. I have a good standing with ebay and around 600 100% feedback with them. If you would like and not familiar with ebay, I will run the add under my account for you if you pay the fee's shouldn't be over a $100.00 in a nice add. VV
Good advice. EBAY reaches a big group of people and by doing this it will give you a pretty good idea of what someone is willing to pay for it. If it does not sell for what you want, you can decide if you're willing to lower your price or not. And like it was already said, when lising on EBAY you definitely want someone selling it that has real good feedback.

Wish I had the money, It's one sweet boat. GOOD LUCK with the sell.

Last edited by nadledvinka; 07-22-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Like real estate, it's often the price that determines whether it sells or not. Also try Bernie's recommendation... powerboatlistings.com
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Dont sell it.In a few years it will probablly be worth more.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PIT BULL
Dont sell it.In a few years it will probablly be worth more.
In a few years I may be bankrupt!!