Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice cant wait to see
-Mike
Old 02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sick,

Here's what i have thus far..

Wife's gone out, so i've got to deal witht the kids. so i guess it's going to be a late one in the Shed..
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-latest-pictures-399.jpg   Prop Selection-latest-pictures-400.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Out goes the old here comes the new
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-latest-pics-824.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

As you can see, i still have a bit of work to do. so, i'm going to need help putting this puzzle together.

first off i going to need a thermostat, it looks like it was set up for the serpentine belt system like d old motor, i was wondering if i cound run the ss water crossover system instead of the water pump in the middle with the serpentine system or which option would be better like individual belts.
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-latest-pics-830.jpg  

Last edited by qaberdeen; 02-23-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered

By chance would any know what would be the best thermostat unit to use. also i went with the EMI Thunder exhaust

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-latest-pictures-407.jpg   Prop Selection-latest-pictures-404.jpg   Prop Selection-latest-pictures-406.jpg  

Last edited by qaberdeen; 02-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered

i was thinking something like this ?
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-ther.bmp   Prop Selection-thermostat.bmp  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

I am running the one on the right!!! I would also try to keep the circulation pump on it if it was mine!! Just my .02!!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered

Thanks DKerns,
I was thinking the same thing. it's just that we import everything and our local marine doen't carry much and if they do it's triple the US price.. do u have any pics of yours so i can see where the hoses go. also i was thinking of of these pullies but i not sure if i want to go the route. but they r the Hardin Marine billet set. has anyone had any experience with them or would the originals will work better. also has anyone used the SS thermostat.

also does anyone know where the hose on top of the circulating pump go..sorry for the questions :-)
Attached Thumbnails Prop Selection-421-301kpully.jpg  

Last edited by qaberdeen; 02-21-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Fellas, wanting some ideas how i could plumb the engine using the serpentine belt system and the recir pump with out drilling the intake..
so, can i just cap off the top of the recir pump and run the belt system as normal using the SS mer t- housing (above) and 142 thermostat. will the exhaust still get water and not over heat. i was told to drill the bottom of the intake underneath where the thermostat would go. i guess what i'm taking about is where the bypass hose would go(from top of recir pump to bottom of intake housing. i guess this is a jumper for water to the exhaust areas i think)

i really don't want to drill anything at this time so if u have any suggestions, please advise
thanks

q
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

For the newer merc style thermostat unit on the right above you need to plumb the circulator pump bypass to the intake manifold to allow the water to circulate in the engine when the T-Stat is closed. It's purpose is not to provide water to the exhaust manifolds as the design takes care of that. Different story if you're using a cross over and no circulator pump.

If you don't want to drill you'll need to find the older style 2 piece thermostat housing which allows the pump bypass to be plumbed into the lower section of T housing. I use a single belt set up on my 500 EFI's with Merc. part 849927T1 but there are probably others that will work as well.

Quick Reply: Prop Selection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.