Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Scoops leave them on or take'em off? >

Scoops leave them on or take'em off?

Notices

Scoops leave them on or take'em off?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Peteeeeeeeee,calm or rough all you will c is transom,come on down and you will c that u r beggin with that beak of yours,is that a Baja or a Fountja from the merger/FAJA and it comes with a free come over and lessons.

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 03-30-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Peteeeeeeeee,calm or rough all you will c is transom,come on down and you will c that u r beggin with that beak of yours,is that a Baja or a Fountja from the merger/FAJA and it comes with a free come over and lessons.

Us Fountain guys don't need no lessons! And don't be making those hair remarks, if you could go as fast as Reggie you might be needing a transplant too.

I'll give you the calm, but you'll have your hands full in the rough chit. If I remember right you thought it was a little choppy the day we test drove the boat, we call that calm.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-30-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen 60 miles of 15 footers but I was on a 65' crew boat. Does that count?

Same day one of the crew was making bets he could do chin ups with his little fingers. We all pitched in 5 bucks. He caught a wave on the down and up he went with just his pinky's. Little sh!t took all our money. Heee!

I got my 5 bucks worth before I was done. We finally got to the rig. I was feeling all green inside. Jumped on the personel basket as the crane was lifting us up the little guy was holding the rope from the basket to the boat. I couldn't hold it any more and threw-up all over him as we lifted about 15' off the boat. I was weezy for 3 days after that ride.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 03-30-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Shame on me for wondering what I might experience / expect to learn for the $2500.
Hey pete you need to check out the Tres web site again for 1500 you get the loading and unloading portion, no mention of it in the 2500 course. I did a quick math check, for 1500 I can fill my boat 9 plus times. that 9 full days of hard seat time. He mentions you'll learn to operate your boat in all conditions. Hmmmm how do you accomplish this when on any given day you will be lucky if you get 2 different conditions. I thought about the course a couple of times. The more I thought the more I realized that I would get mouch more out of the seat time. Unless some one can convince me otherwise I think I'll contiune to poor my hard earned cash into the tank and continue to get invaluable seat time hard to beat or teach. Yeh I recall the day I decided on buying my boat and everyone in the boat house stating it's one of the hardest boats to drive? well I guess I've learned the hard way seat tinme in al sorts of conditions, somthing school will never teach you
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
Hey pete you need to check out the Tres web site again for 1500 you get the loading and unloading portion, no mention of it in the 2500 course. I did a quick math check, for 1500 I can fill my boat 9 plus times. that 9 full days of hard seat time. He mentions you'll learn to operate your boat in all conditions. Hmmmm how do you accomplish this when on any given day you will be lucky if you get 2 different conditions. I thought about the course a couple of times. The more I thought the more I realized that I would get mouch more out of the seat time. Unless some one can convince me otherwise I think I'll contiune to poor my hard earned cash into the tank and continue to get invaluable seat time hard to beat or teach. Yeh I recall the day I decided on buying my boat and everyone in the boat house stating it's one of the hardest boats to drive? well I guess I've learned the hard way seat tinme in al sorts of conditions, somthing school will never teach you

So true..........

Not saying the course isn't good for some, just not for everyone. I have learned through hours of riding and driving. My cousin knows how to run the Velocity hulls very well and has been running them for 20 years now........... I think I will take his advice first!!!

That being said, What's the consensus on the scoops.........Stay or Go!?!?!?!?

Last edited by DKerns; 03-30-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Us Fountain guys don't need no lessons!

It's no wonder you don't like me Peter!!

But seriously, I am pretty sure this accident was because of not wearing lanyards.........COMMON SENSE and seat time is very valuable!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Scoops leave them on or take'em off?-fountain-tree.jpg   Scoops leave them on or take'em off?-fountain-tree-2.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are probably going to go. If I'm getting enough air to the motors. I won't forget about you if they go.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper

Mr. Hot Stepper,

Please refrain from your negative comments when you have no idea of what the course is all about. Just because you have managed not to hurt yourself in your present boat does not mean that you can not if you work hard enough at it. Self-teaching is not good, you afterall need to remember you knew nothing when you started, therefore that is exactly what you will know when you're done.

And just remember if you do something stupid and spill your Mom's beer, she's going to give you one serious a$$ whoopin'.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DKerns
So true..........

Not saying the course isn't good for some, just not for everyone. I have learned through hours of riding and driving. My cousin knows how to run the Velocity hulls very well and has been running them for 20 years now........... I think I will take his advice first!!!

Mr. DKerns,

Please see above comment directed to Mr. Hot Stepper. Please pay particuliar attention to the sentence refering to negative comments. Just because you brother has not managed to hurt himself in his 20 some years of Velocity man-handling does not mean that he can not teach you how to do so.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DKerns

But seriously, I am pretty sure this accident was because of not wearing lanyards.........COMMON SENSE and seat time is very valuable!!!!!

Or missed the trailer?

Quick Reply: Scoops leave them on or take'em off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.