280 Bilge pump >

280 Bilge pump

Notices

280 Bilge pump

Old 04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
I take it you don't have trim tabs or you pulled the pump and battery on one side just to get access. either that or you're about 10 foot tall and have an arm thats about 2 inches in diameter, how else would you get under the engine with 3 inches of clearance?

Do you remember the band-aid tip?

Just get a bucket!

Fountains come standard with 2 Lovetts, that way you don't have to trade it until the after the first one chits. But then you Velocity guys get that "Excitement Comes Standard " stuff, I'll take the Lovetts!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-05-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
I take it you don't have trim tabs or you pulled the pump and battery on one side just to get access. either that or you're about 10 foot tall and have an arm thats about 2 inches in diameter, how else would you get under the engine with 3 inches of clearance?
I'm 6' 180 lbs. and I do have tabs. I did have to pull the battery and my sea strainer and intake hose. I have a little extra room along side as I have CMI Unitops. Still had to get like a pretzel and could barely reach the screws with my finger tips and a short screwdriver. Fortunately the screws weren't too tight. Cut the wires and was able to reconnect the wires to the new pump up behind the engine along the transom. Lots of swearing and a few cold beers helped get the job done. My arm did feel screwed up for a few days afterward from bending backwards
Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Revd Up
I'm 6' 180 lbs. and I do have tabs. I did have to pull the battery and my sea strainer and intake hose. I have a little extra room along side as I have CMI Unitops. Still had to get like a pretzel and could barely reach the screws with my finger tips and a short screwdriver. Fortunately the screws weren't too tight. Cut the wires and was able to reconnect the wires to the new pump up behind the engine along the transom. Lots of swearing and a few cold beers helped get the job done. My arm did feel screwed up for a few days afterward from bending backwards
So if you base the job on total beer count,would it be a six pack or a case?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

About a 12 pack, because after that I'm pretty much worthless.