Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 09-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had to take my intake hose off while in the water and blow back thru to push the crap out of my water intake(IMCO lowers)

I'll have my 30 Velocity in Florida Oct-Jan and would love to see your boat in person and meet you guys. Maybe we can hook up this fall for a lunch run or something... I'll be around Sebring.

Last edited by Underdog88; 09-09-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I have had to take my intake hose off while in the water and blow back thru to push the crap out of my water intake(IMCO lowers)

I'll have my 30 Velocity in Florida Oct-Jan and would love to see your boat in person and meet you guys. Maybe we can hook up this fall for a lunch run or something... I'll be around Sebring.

Shoot me a PM when your back in FL and we'll see if we can set something up. We love any opportunity to run with other Velocity's!

I'm getting good water flow from the intake side so I don't think the lower is clogged. When I took the hose off the outlet of the water pump a bunch of chopped up seaweed came back out. I just want to see if I can backflush from somewhere else to get anything that was after the water pump out.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i was at my buddys shop and he had done some work for mike back in the day he had some picts of the cat at his shop getting the transom filled for the merc drives one of the picts was the v behind a big blue box truck i try to get him to scan them the shop was custom fab/mark miner
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

being a newer member of this site I have never seen this thread before.

I am only 29 but like many hear have been attending offshore races and events since a little kid. I have seen pics of this exact boat before and knew nothing really much of it other than it's great photo and of course it's speed record from the 80's.

I opened this thread not knowing what to expect. Hours later I am just a Awe of everything you did....I am a loss for words. I tip my hat to you and your family and I hope to see this AMAZING boat in person one day.

One of the greatest threads ever!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
being a newer member of this site I have never seen this thread before.

I am only 29 but like many hear have been attending offshore races and events since a little kid. I have seen pics of this exact boat before and knew nothing really much of it other than it's great photo and of course it's speed record from the 80's.

I opened this thread not knowing what to expect. Hours later I am just a Awe of everything you did....I am a loss for words. I tip my hat to you and your family and I hope to see this AMAZING boat in person one day.

One of the greatest threads ever!

Thanks so much for checking out our story! It's great to see people appreciate the boat and look forward to seeing it at runs. Especially when you compare it to the $$$$$$ boats that are usually at poker runs. The next time the boat will be in "public" will likely be at the Sarasota Poker Run in Oct. So if your around SRQ then come by the Hyatt before or after the run and introduce yourself. We'd be glad to show you the boat in detail.

GoFstCat - we'd love to see any pictures your buddy has of either of the StillCrazy boats...post away if he finds some!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you think all the weeds are past the water pump then just remove the outlet hose to the water pump and then take off the inlet hose to the T-stat houseing. Put your hose in that inlet house and you will be back flushing all your coolers that way. I would still take the pump apart to make sure it is OK.

Jon
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
If you think all the weeds are past the water pump then just remove the outlet hose to the water pump and then take off the inlet hose to the T-stat houseing. Put your hose in that inlet house and you will be back flushing all your coolers that way. I would still take the pump apart to make sure it is OK.

Jon

Thanks for the advice Jon, I think that's what I'll do. I already took apart the water pump when we were on the water and the impeller was still perfect. It seemed like the pump was still getting good water, but the bits of seaweed were clogging the system further down the line. Hopefully it'll all flush out from the t-stat housing.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with so many that have said this is the best post ever. I'm so motivatated I can't even tell you.

I've been "working" on my 30' for a while now. Very slow progress but this thread has me wanting to get going!

What did you do in the cabin area? Did you put the extra bulkhead back in? I'm planning a very simple cabin for overnighters.

Great work.

Tom
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ttrm007
I agree with so many that have said this is the best post ever. I'm so motivatated I can't even tell you.

I've been "working" on my 30' for a while now. Very slow progress but this thread has me wanting to get going!

What did you do in the cabin area? Did you put the extra bulkhead back in? I'm planning a very simple cabin for overnighters.

Great work.

Tom

Thanks for checking out the thread Tom. We did put supports back in the bow area so the deck wouldn't spider crack like it did when they took the bulkhead out. We also put a 72 gallon front gas tank in down the center. Eventually, we may put a flat panel over the entire front area and create a "pad" area up there. However, most of our boating involves ripping around at 70+ mph so I'm not sure how much use we'd get out of a cabin area

We also just got a GoPro and took our first couple videos this last weekend around Naples. It's definitely awesome to have video of the boat running.

Here's a link to the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQI1w36eho

Good luck on your 30 Tom, post up a thread when you get a chance so we can follow along on your progress!

-Jordan
Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Still Crazy

Jordan & Mike, nice video. Hope to connect with you again soon. Vic has the editor's working on what we have so far - but i see this a a continuing story. It's good to see the activity this thread has created and we hope to add to that very soon. Congrat's on your sucess. Mike, how are things going in Sarasota? Gary:

Last edited by scarab500s; 01-15-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.