Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 11-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe I missed this story!! Dam good job guys not to many people have the drive or passion to complete a project like that the story would make a good short film kinda like what espn does on there 30 for 30 episodes!! Best of luck to you guys and your family's
Old 11-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately we will not be in Mt. Dora. Pretty big scheduling conflict having that event the same weekend as the World Championships in Key West.

We will be heading down to Key West with StillCrazy in tow on Thursday! We've had the boat down there twice so far and it's never left the trailer (on display both times). We can never seem to bum rides on other peoples boats so this year we are keeping it in the water so there will be no doubt that we'll be out boating

32AT - thanks for the kind words, it was a dream project for us and a piece of our family history that we'll have forever!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah maybe ill head down that way instead, never been to Key West...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I missed the story too, awesome story not many times I read all 45 pages but this is one. The pics of your grandfather going out on the boat brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure he was feeling a lot of emotions going out on the boat. By the way he looks unbelievable for 90!!!! You still in Naples? My parents are in park shore Naples ill be down January would love to check it out, buy you guys a beer.
Chris
Old 11-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 21eagle
Yea I missed the story too, awesome story not many times I read all 45 pages but this is one. The pics of your grandfather going out on the boat brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure he was feeling a lot of emotions going out on the boat. By the way he looks unbelievable for 90!!!! You still in Naples? My parents are in park shore Naples ill be down January would love to check it out, buy you guys a beer.
Chris
Our Grandpa is an absolutely amazing person and still going strong at 93! I know it was incredibly special for him to be able to go out on StillCrazy with us. He said the last time he was on a race boat was with Mike on Intimidator in 1979 at a race in Michigan I believe! With Mike losing his dad before he was two and my parents divorcing before I was three our grandpa was like a father to us both. I think us finding StillCrazy, restoring her and being able to share it with him has finally brought some sort of closure for him after Mikes death. It's something he has struggled with since 1985 and I think he is grateful that we have brought a piece of Mike's life back into the family.

I (Jordan) still live in Naples Monday thru Friday and am in Sarasota for the weekends. Mike is in Sarasota full time. The boat is behind our house in Sarasota as the boating up there is phenomenal. If you feel like coming up to Sarasota for the day we'd be happy to show you the boat or take you out if the day permits.

Thanks for checking out the thread!

Jordan Poppa
Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds good Jordan, ill touch base when I'm down there.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Absolutely amazing story Jordan!! I was on Siesta Key this last weekend and got a couple great shots of Still Crazy running. Me and the wife were laying on the beach and I heard this boat coming....I had a feeling it may just be an old race boat as for when im in Florida I always keep my eyes open for old race boats. Low and behold I scrambled for my camera to try to snap a few good shots. Being a boater from Cleveland, that sure made my offshore fix for the week in Florida! I need to find someone to post a couple pics. Congrats on the whole documentary of this old classic! ps. Putt-
Putt was my favorite boat to watch back in the GLOPRA days!

Last edited by bobo1; 04-19-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Anybody have the video of Still crazy setting the 100mph record in New Orleans???
Old 12-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome story. And not going to lie post 313 got me to well up. You guys must be so proud of what you did. And grandpas face looks to be all smiles. Awesome true story thanks for sharing
Old 12-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great story awesome job on the boat you guys should be very proud of yourselves for bringing it together like that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.