StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Hey Phuckin Screenname No need to be jealous.

You have been accomplishing some pretty cool feats all by yourself and in a timely manner. And also to have the ambition to document the projects with pics and video and also a very informative website .I Always look forward to your posts ,keep up the hard work.

Soon we will see the Brownie Special Nova running one day which is pretty phuckin special in my book.Thanks to you..So what next after the Nova I know there has got to be some new idea for a project out there?.

Maybe we should get him down to Cadillacs next year and let him pick one...There is another 19 Nova there or help him step up to one of the 38's Cadillac has layin around.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, less progress is visible from this last weekend, but it was progress nonetheless. Mainly removal of every remaining piece of metal on the boat besides the two side and one front lifting eyes.

Also removed the wood addition to the windscreen, which was rotten. This was an add on and I don't think we're going to put it back.

We're going to be real conservative and replace any areas where we suspect any wood-rot. Right now it looks like the transom, bulkhead between cockpit and engine compartment, cockpit floors and underside of the dash panel.

The plan is also to move the bulkhead at the front of the gas tank compartment forward into the cabin more. This will allow us to put a larger fuel tank back in than the 100 gallon one we took out. When the boat raced, it had a separate front tank.

The glasswork should take a couple weeks and it looks like Mike and I will probably be getting a workout with some sanders this weekend as we take a stab at the first steps of prepping the boat for paint
Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I also thought I'd share some of the photos of Still Crazy that Steve had in his office.

Mike's dad is the one standing up here:

The race must have gone well

Here's the boat Mike raced before Still Crazy:

Cheers
-Jordan
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 259 Likes on 144 Posts

Congrats!! This thread is way cool! I can't wait to see all the progress and finished product! Good luck with everything.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread, Great boat & Great story !! I wish you guys nothing but the best and as others have said, I look forward to seeing the progress !!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome project. Chris Dilling ask me to give you guys a hand. You are more than welcome to use my shop to paint your boat. We are in Miami. Please call me when you are ready. 786-412 1285 Eddie Guardado
Old 11-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Guardado
Awesome project. Chris Dilling ask me to give you guys a hand. You are more than welcome to use my shop to paint your boat. We are in Miami. Please call me when you are ready. 786-412 1285 Eddie Guardado

Didn't you guys do that Cougar V Bottom recently?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Great tread. Thanks for for keeping us up dated.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:53 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Guardado
That's great to read also...Hats off to you Guy's!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Jordan and Mike....don't forget the mileage for the HORBA Sept 24, 2011 Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island Marathon is 271 miles.....don't be shy with your fuel capacity in that thing........there will be a Historic Class that you can run in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.