what years did Regal build Velocity's >

what years did Regal build Velocity's

Notices

what years did Regal build Velocity's

Old 09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: what years did Regal build Velocity's

To say that the 23' Regal Velocity was not a Steve Step design is false. The hull bottom was almost, if not identical, a duplicate of the 22' bottom. Regal listed the hull as a 23 degree deadrise. The boat and Steve's signature pad, step transom, and cupped chines. It also performed outstanding with much more freeboard and cabin room than the 22 and looked great from every angle. If I could find a clean 23 Velocity I would stuff a HP 525 efi/XR Bravo into the boat and have a rocket!!!
By the way, all Velocitys built during 1987 to at least 1991 were built by Regal. They were not being produced by Steve under the name "Velocity". He was in a court battle to get the name back and had to build under the "Thoroughbred" name.

Last edited by JUPITER PULSARE; 09-25-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what years did Regal build Velocity's

I used to work with a guy that spent some time working at Regal during the late 80's and he had told me that the bulk of the 30's were built all at one time (86-87 ish) and as they were ordered the hulls were then rigged and serial numbered.

Don't know if this is true, but I was also told at some point from the court battle Regal, could no longer display their name on the boat. We had an original 1988 30' and no where on the boat was a Regal insignia, so it would make sense.

I always thought the Regal Velocity's were between late 86 & 89, but there's been a 91 30' on Ebay for awhile now.

The 30' was a great boat. Amazingly enough, it would drive like a small V-pad boat at speed.