Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Splashed the 260 this last weekend >

Splashed the 260 this last weekend

Notices

Splashed the 260 this last weekend

Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is a little slow out of the hole... it doesn't really seem to make much of a difference with passengers or fuel, most people i ever have a are 4 including myself....
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Try a 26 and a 28 stock Bravo 1. Run with your standard load. Check your speed with a GPS and note your RPM's. Then figure out your prop slip. http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm
The lower the slip the better. I have taken several props and run all on the same day, same stretch of water to see what works best. Then tweek from there.
The Hydro's may be a tad faster on the top end , but will suffer out of the hole and mid range in my experience. BBlades recommended a Bravo 1 for my set up and it works well overall. Once you get it dialed in , don't damage it, and never lend it to anyone, as if they hit something it will never be the same. The perfect prop is hard to come by.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I run the 28p Bravo 1 on my 280 and hit 86 last weekend with full tank and 4 people on board. Still need to tweak the carb but the 28 runs great at all speeds. I think my slip numbers are 12% at 80+. I had a Hydro-Motive but it tried to lift the stern to much and caused chine walk over 80.