Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
02 Velocity 320 need help! >

02 Velocity 320 need help!

Notices

02 Velocity 320 need help!

Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Velocity 320 need help!

Im planning on running 110 wirring in the cabin for shore power or for a generator. Looking for someone that has done it before on this kind of boat. Trying to find the easy axcess point to go from the cockpit to the cabin. Do Not have a inverter installed. Would it be best to have one?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Teague32TV
Im planning on running 110 wirring in the cabin for shore power or for a generator. Looking for someone that has done it before on this kind of boat. Trying to find the easy axcess point to go from the cockpit to the cabin. Do Not have a inverter installed. Would it be best to have one?

Call Kenny at velocity , 407 321 1340 he will help you out .
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I installed shorepower on my '98 320. I installed the 110V panel in the upper port side cabinet as the factory does and the shorepower cord socket just through the hull nearby. Put a GFI outlet in the lower cabinet again like the factory. I installed a battery charger as well. I'd be reluctant to add more weight to the engine compartment (generator or inverter with batteries set-up) from a 320 hull balance perspective.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM

Im finishing up my air conditioner in the cabin and didn't want to have to run an extention chord into the cabin. I want it plug and play! Im really wanting to use my shore power plug that I have now but there is no 110 outlets on this boat. was going to add an inverter and use the shower power/battery charger thats on the boat now.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I installed shore power in my 280. I used a Pro Marine charger and a Blue Sea Panel in the cabin under the dash with a single GFCI outlet. I mounted the shore power connector on the starboard side so it comes through under the dash so all the wiring is very short except the run to the Pro Marine. I made sure to use marine grade wire, everything looks factory. Toughest part was cutting the holes without tearing the vinyl.