Hello I am new to the name >

Hello I am new to the name

Notices

Hello I am new to the name

Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello I am new to the name

Hey fellas how are ya? I have the opertunity to purchase a 1998 26' velocity for around 27000 and iam just not that familiar with them. I was wondering if you guys could que me in on their quality and concerns. Visually its top notch looks like the day it left the mold. How is the structure on these do they have any problem areas? I guess my biggest question is why are they so inexpensive in comparison to other brands in the market? It has a 502 mpi in it what is typicall top end speed on these outfitted like this? Thanks for your time.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark38
Hey fellas how are ya? I have the opertunity to purchase a 1998 26' velocity for around 27000 and iam just not that familiar with them. I was wondering if you guys could que me in on their quality and concerns. Visually its top notch looks like the day it left the mold. How is the structure on these do they have any problem areas? I guess my biggest question is why are they so inexpensive in comparison to other brands in the market? It has a 502 mpi in it what is typicall top end speed on these outfitted like this? Thanks for your time.
I don't know a much about them, but I've seen 26's out there for less than 27k, powerboat listings.com has several in that year and length for less, some with hydraulic steering, big hp, tabs etc... I looked at these before I bought my Baja, just found a great deal I couldn't pass on. Good luck !

Rick
Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Registered

Thanks the 27k is because its pretty well outfitted just not sure about the brand yet
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark38
Thanks the 27k is because its pretty well outfitted just not sure about the brand yet
I don't personally know anyone who has one, the few I looked at online where all set up, drives, tabs, steering, hp etc, and all where priced really well, not sure why they are so much cheaper, maybe the hull, or the name not being as big as others. All I know is that they where $10k cheaper than other brands with same set ups.

Ive stuck with the Baja because I know them, I don't Boat in big water, and they have always suited my boating needs!

Bet of luck in your search, I'm sure you will find the boat that will best fit your boating requirements, and that you will be proud to own it !

I've noticed there are a lot of boaters that are very loyal to there brand, some will say there's is the best and any other is junk, I would erge you to take the time and think about what you want out of a boat, recreational,go fast, family outings etc, then narrow your list down to your price range and see where that puts you. You don't want to make a purchase then find out down the road it's not going to accommodate you.

Sometimes the price might be right, but the boat is not, but we settle because of this, only to find another in the same price range with what we want but we where to quick to pull the trigger before doing are homework. Then your stuck !

Take your time, find YOUR BOAT and enjoy it!

Rick
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Velocity is top notch boats and service. 27K for a 98 with the older engine is pricey seem like to me though. Shop till you drop then shop some more.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Registered

Hey thanks a lot Vector it has Dart pro1 heads on it and a procharger with new injecters and ecu programing.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered

Great boats depending on what you want to.

i miss my 280. They are fun to drive. LOVE to go fast. If you jsut want to cruise around at 35-40mph, its probably not the best (but defintily do able) these boats just like to ride on the pad at higher speeds.

DEEP cockpit, and the bosters keep you planted firmly. 600HP will get you right around 80mph give or take.

No wood in the cockpit is plus. Not a good boat for watersports, but great for hauling azz, and hanging out on. I would own another in a heart beat.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
great boats depending on what you want to.

I miss my 280. They are fun to drive. Love to go fast. If you jsut want to cruise around at 35-40mph, its probably not the best (but defintily do able) these boats just like to ride on the pad at higher speeds.

Deep cockpit, and the bosters keep you planted firmly. 600hp will get you right around 80mph give or take.

No wood in the cockpit is plus. Not a good boat for watersports, but great for hauling azz, and hanging out on. I would own another in a heart beat.
x2!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 193 Posts

Great boat and a great company! If the price is right and in good condition you can't go wrong.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I bought a 1998 280 with a custom trailer in 2009 for $28k with 50 hours. It had a built 524 and a killer JL Audio stereo. I hit 80+ on the sea trial so I was sold immediately. I've done some work and had it painted by Mitcher T and I absolutely love it. I've hit 90 with 4 adults and a full tank and there was throttle left. My cruise speed is between 50 - 60 and I get 3 mpg. Once you own a Velocity it's like crack, you'll never go back, just bigger. Just spent last Saturday in the UP cruising through the Les Cheneaux islands, it took me less than 30 minutes to get there from Cheboygan in 2' - 3' waves and after cruising over 65 miles I only used 22 gals of gas. On top of that the guys at Velocity are amazing to talk to, I call them a couple of times a year to ask advice about different upgrades.