Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Need advice from the Velocity crew! >

Need advice from the Velocity crew!

Notices

Need advice from the Velocity crew!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice from the Velocity crew!

I'm only posting in here because a few of you guys know me. I also value your opinions...
So as some of you know I went boatless last summer. I had a close friend with a 26' scarab that was taken by Sandy, so that ride is out too. My dilema is I cannot get back into the caliber of boat I had, or what i would really like (a 30' Velocity with some blowers). So, I have been deliberating whether or not to buy a temporary boat so I am floating again.
Right now I have an opportunity to buy a different 26' scarab on the cheap, but I am afraid it will be too slow and I will get bored quick (Ray is a BAAAAD influence). My other option is to find an even smaller checkmate, velocity, allison, or similar to get my kicks, but those boats would be diificult to use frequently due to where I boat and water conditions.
So should I grab the scarab and use it until I can get into what I really want, stay boatless until I can get what I really want or try to find a real inexpensive toy boat to get my kicks?

Thanks guys!!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what your price range is, but I would think an older 22' Velocity would be a good choice. It's gonna be a good running boat 80+ with a 300 and will still handle a moderate chop. Plus, once you're ready to step up it shouldn't be overly difficult to sell and you shouldn't take a beating on the sale price.

For where you're at, the Allison might be a little small. However it is by far the fastest in the list. With a stock 225 pro max it's a 95 mph boat. My Allison is a Grand Sport and the seating arrangement is comparable to the check or velocity just shallower. Plenty of storage and room for 4 adults. It's good to 1' to 2' but anymore and it won't be fun.

I'd also look at the other 21' SOB variety...Superboat, Activator, Progression. Etc.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Joe, how you doing. IMO stay boatless, and save your money until you can find and buy what you want. Believe me, time flys by. Go out with friends once in awhile to get your fix. Then when you get yours, friends can go with you every now and then. Bob
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on your price range , there are Velocity's around to fit almost every budget . Having friends with boats is a good option , your always welcome with us . Better to wait on a purchase IMO , easier to save for what you want if you're not already supporting a boat habit .

Last edited by notda1; 01-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Joe, hope all is well. I'm in agreement w/Bob and Ray, hold on till you can get something that you will keep for a while. There's tons of good deals out there and the way things are going that's not gonna change soon. If you must scratch the itch I think a 22' Velocity is a good choice but I may be biased. As Ray said you are more than welcome to come down here for a ride, you have seat on the Raptor anytime.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by notda1
Depending on your price range , there are Velocity's around to fit almost every budget . Having friends with boats is a good option , your always welcome with us . Better to wait on a purchase IMO , easier to save for what you want if you're not already supporting a boat habit .
Originally Posted by RAPTOR1
Hey Joe, hope all is well. I'm in agreement w/Bob and Ray, hold on till you can get something that you will keep for a while. There's tons of good deals out there and the way things are going that's not gonna change soon. If you must scratch the itch I think a 22' Velocity is a good choice but I may be biased. As Ray said you are more than welcome to come down here for a ride, you have seat on the Raptor anytime.
Thanks for the offers guys! you know you'll see me at least a couple times this summer! I think I am leaning towards waiting, but man is it tough not having a ride. A 22 Velocity would be high on my list if I do decide to get back in this season.

Thanks for all the opinions, I will keep you posted but I think unless i get a deal on something, I'll be bumming rides...