Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Owner Imput please >

Owner Imput please

Notices

Owner Imput please

Old 08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy 290SC owner here (2004). Anytime I have called there with a question I was treated well and have no complaints. My 290 outright spanks anything with a single engine with similar horsepower due to the efficient pad bottom hull. Rides well, handles the chop and is super quick and the rigging is much like what you would see in a race boat allowing easy service.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 265 Posts

Another happy Velocity owner here. I purchased a 280 from a private seller. After I purchased it I found out the seller was going to let Velocity broker the boat for him. I found it on a web site for sale by owner. After I brought it home I had several questions about the boat. Each time I called I was treated like I just bought a brand new boat directly from Velocity. Velocity made no money off of me from the sale. I was so impressed with Kenny I purchased some parts from him, which I don't think he made to much money on. He has always been super helpful, answering all of my questions, sending me pictures on how to install the upgrades, and even went as far to send me a few things for free which he wouldn't even charge me for the shipping. I honestly feel both Steve and Kenny want to please you as a customer of one of their products. I couldn't believe when Steve actually got on the phone with me one day to answer a few questions.

I plan to be a Velocity customer for life. I wish I could afford that 390 they have listed on their website. If I could it would be in my driveway as I type this.

It is definitely quality boat.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
I drove a 37 with 500,s with Pat out in the Atlantic on a 2-3 ft day. Well built boat handled some big boat wakes and rough stuff great one of the best riding under 40 ft boats I have ever run. Pat said And I QUOTE Don't turn it like a velocity it will slide. I have run my brothers with 500,s and with a tone of $$$ in to the bottom and it will run a real 86 mph any day. (its 4 sale) I have had 2 390 and the first staggered 390 3 total that I set up at the factory with Steve Stepp and Mike from Hulls prop.
Thanks for the info.

To quantify: that means you can't trim it in before a turn like a straight bottom boat. All step bottom boats need to have the transom planted in a turn which means keep the drives trimmed out. That does not mean you can't turn the boat at speed.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another very happy 290SC owner here. I am on my third velocity in 20 years.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I bought a 1998 280 from a Broker in Michigan, and have called Steve and Kenny multiple times for help on making it run faster. They act like I just bought it brand new from them. They have made me a Velocity owner for life. I will definitely be buying a 390 in the near future. I run in Northern Lake Huron and Lake Michigan and just made a 20 mile trip through the Straits of Mackinaw in 2-3' and everyone was amazed at how nice the ride was. The thing you have to remember, they like speed in rough water, anything less than 40 and you will beat yourself to death.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered

Steve and Kenny are great guys and work very hard at customer service. Its a great shame other companies dont follow their lead.

One day I hope to have a Velocity 390 on my drive.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Steve And Kenny are 1st class guys at service and product , on my second velocity from them , sent it back to do mods , got what i asked for and more. would buy another in a minute from them . A-1 Service after the sale.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

SYDWAYZ- I have run a lot of ventilated bottom boats. I ran a 2008 38 fountain in poker runs for 2 years and now a 2008 42 OL. And about everything else on the planet. Nothing turns like a 390 velocity nothing!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

I have a 1998 Velocity 260 with 224 hours. The Active Thunder is certainly a well made boat and i'm not taking a shot at them, however owing a velocity is really like being part of the family. It isn't out of the ordinary to email someone about a tech question and to receive a return phone call within the hour. The quality of the boat is second to none and the award wining hull design is about 10% faster in the water when compared with comparably equipped/sized boats.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered

We are all partial to brands that we own and run. With that, there are several brands that stand out with customer service and overall quality. It basically depends on personal taste. Although I love the Outerlimits brand, their styling is not my personal choice, same goes for the "new" Top Gun, I prefer the 2001-2004 TS over the later models. I like classic lines over rounded ones, example; Executioner over the the Lightening (I wouldn't even look at a Lightening). Just my .02.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.