Owner Imput please >

Owner Imput please

Notices

Owner Imput please

Old 08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owner Imput please

Just sold my boat and was interested in purchasing a new velocity. I just got off the phone with Kenny and I asked him about the build, quality etc.... can anybody give me feed back on this company or the product. I have purchased a couple new boats in the past few years and I have never gotten what I paid for... This time I am hoping I do. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

I have seen a bunch of happy Velocity owners, but I personally don't know much about them, other than they are fast. I may be biased, but the bang for your buck is an Active Thunder. Excellent quality, fast hulls, and you can talk to Pat at any time. This company is gaining quickly with a cult following on their performance and customer service. A++ in my book.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

First rate company and first rate boats. A plus is the customer service. You call the company and they answer your question even if it means putting Steve Stepp on the phone.

Recent info is that the company has been sold but Steve and Kenny are sticking around.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Steve and Kenny are first rate guys. Steve will be around for a while during the transition to the new owners. Kenny is the business, to not keep him around would be a foolish business and customer satisfaction decision. As far as bang for your buck I would put my 390 up against any active thunder of the same size and engine configuration. Before you buy a velocity call speak with Kenny, then arrange to drive one with Kenny. That should answer all your questions. A lot of people sell you a boat and act like your best friend until you take delivery, after that you are a red headed step child. I bought my velocity a little over a year ago, I have had many small upgrade issues that Kenny and Steve went out of there way to handle. Buy a 390 you will not be disappointed!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM
sl
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently on my third velocity. One I bought when they had a dealer network in place. The last two were bought directly from the factory. I can honestly say I have never had more enjoyable experiences. Starting with the design of the boat and working out the many custom features, into the build phase and the many trips to the factory during construction, and finally taking delivery where Steve and Kenny personnely worked with me in getting comfortable with the boats on the water. They work with you in all phases to try to met whatever requirements you may have (power options, paint, interior design, etc.). They always said when you own a velocity your are part of the family I truely belive that - Steve, Kim, Kenny and the shop guys have always been there whenever/whatever needed, unconditionally.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Gold Member

You never stated what size velocity you were looking at. But a friend I have bin boating with for years has a 2003 280, 496 ho/bravo. I've bin on it and next to it many times and its a fast boat, and he runs with the big boys to and is never left behind. It is not considered a rough water hull, but my sonic was and I couldn't keep up with him regardless of water conditions and equal power. I always liked his boat and think its a good choice and if speed is name of the game then you wont be disappointed.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

I bought a used 2005 Velocity 290sc from the factory, and I was treated by Steve and Kenny just like I had bought a new boat. After seeing how they build the boat, I wouldn't buy anything else. One of the most efficient hulls in the industry, and all vacuum bagged (makes the hull lighter and stronger).
Old 08-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

My brother has a 32 AT. Nice boat. The 37 is ok in a straight line but dont turn it. I have had 3 390,s Great boats. 500efi,s 88 mph. 525,s 94 mph.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
My brother has a 32 AT. Nice boat. The 37 is ok in a straight line but dont turn it.
Curious what experience you have that contributed to that statement.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered

I drove a 37 with 500,s with Pat out in the Atlantic on a 2-3 ft day. Well built boat handled some big boat wakes and rough stuff great one of the best riding under 40 ft boats I have ever run. Pat said And I QUOTE Don't turn it like a velocity it will slide. I have run my brothers with 500,s and with a tone of $$$ in to the bottom and it will run a real 86 mph any day. (its 4 sale) I have had 2 390 and the first staggered 390 3 total that I set up at the factory with Steve Stepp and Mike from Hulls prop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.